2 replies to this topic

#1 klein

klein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 06:43 AM

Can someone please tell me how I have to cite on this module:

This Accordance module (QUMRAN) had its beginnings in an unpublished paper entitled, “A Time for Tagging? (For Everything There is a Season)” presented by Martin G. Abegg, Jr. and Roy B. Brown at the AAR/SBL meeting in Chicago, Nov. 1994.

There was a meeting in Chicago, but its not de place of publication isn't it?

Do I have to use 'A time for Tagging?" as title or 'Qumran Non-biblical Manuscripts (QUMRAN)'?

There are no page number either. 

Jan Klein

ps Google books has the possibility to export 'Endnote' citation data. Is it possible to make this kind of data by Accordance?

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,410 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Today, 01:24 PM

Citation format will vary according to what kind of style guide you're using, Klein.

You may want to consult your style guide and see if there are specific requirements for electronic documents. 

Elements for this one: Qumran Non-biblical Manuscripts would be the title. You wouldn't use any earlier document title which was an earlier draft of this content. Since only Martin Abegg's name is used in the About (see screenshot below), I would not use Roy Brown's name. The most recent date of 2014 would be the appropriate publication date. 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 2.17.59 PM.png   31.56KB   0 downloads

According to your style guide requirements, you may want to mention Accordance Bible Software as well as OakTree Software as the publisher. If you need a location for the publisher, you would use Altamonte Springs, Florida.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 8.3

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 8.3

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,004 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

When you are citing the text itself, just use the text's abbreviation, e.g. 1QS 1.1. In your Bibliography you can cite our edition. I would use some variation of an edited book, e.g.

Abegg Jr., Martin G., ed. Qumran non-Biblical Manuscripts. OakTree Software: Altamonte Springs, FL. Version 3.6. 2014.

But to be honest with you, none of the major citation styles have an exact type that fits this. 

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users