Yale Anchor Bible APOCRYPHA volumes

Gedalya

Any progress to report on the Apocrypha volumes which I purchased in Sept, 2014 and have yet to be released?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any progress to report on these apocrypha volumes?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ten months have passed since I purchased this item (Sept. 2014) and the Apocrypa volumes have still not been released. 

I have no idea when but I am sure they are coming.... I have them in other software and even have two of the HC on my shelf they are worth the wait but I do know it is not always easy.

-Dan

Dan,

Thanks, but Accordance needs to get its act together.  I don't think that this delay would be acceptable in any other purchase that one made.

They are in final stages, hope to release this week. Sorry it's been so long, these are massive commentaries after all.

• Like 1

Dan,

Thanks, but Accordance needs to get its act together.  I don't think that this delay would be acceptable in any other purchase that one made.

Gordon,

As Helen said, we'll be releasing the Apocrypha volumes very soon.

But, allow me to reply to your comment on "getting our act together." From the outset of announcing this resource, we have been completely transparent about it being released in stages. This is not our normal procedure; in probably 95%+ of our resources we do not release them or even publicly announce them until they are complete and ready for purchase. In the case of very large projects like this we have made the call (and I stand by it, and will do it again) to sell them in large chunks so that users can gain access to them without having to wait for the completion of the entire resource. Along this process we have done our best to set realistic expectations on when the various stages would be complete, and were quick to answer any questions from users (no matter how frequent they arose).

That said, I will admit that this took longer to complete than we had expected. This was due in part to the sheer size and complexity of the project, and in part due to some unforeseeable and unavoidable setbacks within our development team. But, we also made changes towards the end to expedite its completion. Our team is small yet extremely dedicated; responsible for keeping a steady stream of new content coming out yet also taking on complex projects like this. In this exceptional case it just took longer to deliver. 

Thanks for your feedback and patience. I hope the completed resource serves you well.

Rick

• Like 6

Kudos to Accordance on getting these complex volumes out. Unforeseen development delay is the risk a consumer takes in ordering pre-pub material. I've experienced it with print publishers, too. Patience is the key virtue in such things.

• Like 2

These things happen.... delays are not unexpected in a project which was announced to be released in stages. Accordance is a smaller company... I know things at a larger company which announced things being done in stages have still yet to complete it even though they have not only hundreds of employees in there main office but also many overseas inputing people too... 

-Dan

Anxiously awaiting the release of the Apocrypha volumes which Helen indicated were in "the final stages" and hopefully would be released last week. Any word about their release date?

Sorry for the broken promise. It is in the last but one stage of checking but the developer responsible was: running into some issues, working on vacation, and returning from it, celebrating July 4th, and working on another important project to be released tomorrow. He promised it to me on both the last 2 days but I guess he could not fulfil his promise.

That's really why we almost never make a promise, there as so many factors that can prevent us from keeping it. I hope we'll release it any day now.

• Like 1

We ran into more issues that needed to be fixed, but you can now expect to see it in Easy Install within the hour. Sorry it didn't make it before your Shabbat started, but Shabbat shalom anyway!

• Like 4

Congratulations on finally getting the Anchor Bible project done, the series in my mind is more uneven than many series (generally my favourites World Biblical Commentary and New Interpreter's Bible weaker volumes still feel very strong to me), but that said AB belongs in the library of any and every serious student of the Bible. 

-Dan

• Like 1

Sorry for the broken promise. It is in the last but one stage of checking but the developer responsible was: running into some issues, working on vacation, and returning from it, celebrating July 4th, and working on another important project to be released tomorrow. He promised it to me on both the last 2 days but I guess he could not fulfil his promise.

That's really why we almost never make a promise, there as so many factors that can prevent us from keeping it. I hope we'll release it any day now.

Please give this guy a break, it sounds like he really needs one.