Photo

70% Off! NIV Application Commentary (NIVAC) at Best Price Ever!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,422 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Best. Price. Ever. For a limited time get all 42 volumes of Zondervan's NIV Application Commentary for 70% off the regular price!

While many commentaries tend to focus on either historical meaning or practical application, the NIV Application Commentary elegantly weaves these concepts together, helping readers enter the world of the Bible and connect the dots to their lives today.

http://www.accordanc....com/NIVAC-Sale

• Timothy Jenney, Andrew Mercer, PhilT and 1 other like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 8.3

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 8.3

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 AM

And its not even tuesday. Brilliant, many thanks. ;o)

This is such a good resource and i am glad i can finally stop using my rubbish kindle versions.

And if anyone still doubts what an excellent offer this is, check out the introductory pricing in the podcast!

Edited by ukfraser, Yesterday, 12:19 PM.

• PhilT likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 8 and 1x on iOS 7, occasionally accordance 11x on mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,980 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 10:55 AM

Generally, I am not a fan of commentaries. There are many more resources I advise students of the  bible to purchase first. Even then, I advise them to go slow and choose carefully.

This commentary is an exception. It is EXCELLENT—and featured at an UNHEARD OF price. I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Pchris likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#4 rokas

rokas

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted Today, 02:18 PM

Generally, I am not a fan of commentaries. There are many more resources I advise students of the  bible to purchase first. Even then, I advise them to go slow and choose carefully.

Dr. J,

what would be the resources you advise your students to purchase first?

#5 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,980 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

Hah!

Accordance has made things much simpler with its bundling. I can only think of two resource bundles  for people without knowledge of Greek and Hebrew: 1. Accordance Bible software Advanced Collection (Basically, it's Essential Collection + IVP Essential Referene Set); 2. A multi-volume Bible dictionary (New IDB, Revised ISBE, or Anchor); then 3. NIVAC.

If you handle the original languages well, I'd recommend both the GBS Apparatus and  BDAG and HALOT add-ons after #1 and #2, but before #3.

Let the library building begin! :-)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#6 Nursefriendly

Nursefriendly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted Today, 06:14 PM

Hah!

Accordance has made things much simpler with its bundling. I can only think of two resource bundles  for people without knowledge of Greek and Hebrew: 1. Accordance Bible software Advanced Collection (Basically, it's Essential Collection + IVP Essential Referene Set); 2. A multi-volume Bible dictionary (New IDB, Revised ISBE, or Anchor); then 3. NIVAC.

If you handle the original languages well, I'd recommend both the GBS Apparatus and  BDAG and HALOT add-ons after #1 and #2, but before #3.

Let the library building begin! :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

#7 chadchad88

chadchad88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

I am trying to download this after I purchased it on accordance 10. Does anyone know why I am having issues? Do I need to have accordance 11 for this. It is saying something about an error with the FTP server

#8 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Silver

• Accordance
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching

Posted Today, 09:01 PM

I can't speak to the possible server issue, but you do not need Accordance 11; Accordance 10 is sufficient.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Julie Palmer, chadchad88, Joe Laing