70% Off! NIV Application Commentary (NIVAC) at Best Price Ever!

R. Mansfield

Best. Price. Ever. For a limited time get all 42 volumes of Zondervan's NIV Application Commentary for 70% off the regular price!

While many commentaries tend to focus on either historical meaning or practical application, the NIV Application Commentary elegantly weaves these concepts together, helping readers enter the world of the Bible and connect the dots to their lives today.

http://www.accordancebible.com/NIVAC-Sale

• Like 5

And its not even tuesday. Brilliant, many thanks. ;o)

This is such a good resource and i am glad i can finally stop using my rubbish kindle versions.

And if anyone still doubts what an excellent offer this is, check out the introductory pricing in the podcast!

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Generally, I am not a fan of commentaries. There are many more resources I advise students of the  bible to purchase first. Even then, I advise them to go slow and choose carefully.

This commentary is an exception. It is EXCELLENT—and featured at an UNHEARD OF price. I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Like 2

Generally, I am not a fan of commentaries. There are many more resources I advise students of the  bible to purchase first. Even then, I advise them to go slow and choose carefully.

Dr. J,

what would be the resources you advise your students to purchase first?

Hah!

Accordance has made things much simpler with its bundling. I can only think of two resource bundles  for people without knowledge of Greek and Hebrew: 1. Accordance Bible software Advanced Collection (Basically, it's Essential Collection + IVP Essential Referene Set); 2. A multi-volume Bible dictionary (New IDB, Revised ISBE, or Anchor); then 3. NIVAC.

If you handle the original languages well, I'd recommend both the GBS Apparatus and  BDAG and HALOT add-ons after #1 and #2, but before #3.

Let the library building begin! :-)

• Like 1

Hah!

Accordance has made things much simpler with its bundling. I can only think of two resource bundles  for people without knowledge of Greek and Hebrew: 1. Accordance Bible software Advanced Collection (Basically, it's Essential Collection + IVP Essential Referene Set); 2. A multi-volume Bible dictionary (New IDB, Revised ISBE, or Anchor); then 3. NIVAC.

If you handle the original languages well, I'd recommend both the GBS Apparatus and  BDAG and HALOT add-ons after #1 and #2, but before #3.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

• Like 1

I am trying to download this after I purchased it on accordance 10. Does anyone know why I am having issues? Do I need to have accordance 11 for this. It is saying something about an error with the FTP server

I can't speak to the possible server issue, but you do not need Accordance 11; Accordance 10 is sufficient.

You should make sure that you have updated to the latest version of 10.

Thanks everyone. How to you upgrade to the latest version of ten ?? Wanna get my geek on with these :)

Under the Accordance menu, choose Check for App Update. It will check to see if you have the latest version or whether there is an update available to you.

I think ill have to wait till the morning for customer support. This is what it says when I try and install on accordance 10.1.2

"There was an error attempting to download the file via FTP"

If i check for updates by going to Accordance and clicking on "check for content updates" It starts to download but then just stays idle for a long time. It worked once and gave me a bunch of updates for books in my library but I did not see one for the actual accordance software..

Any other options friends?

10.1.2 is far from the latest version. You have a free upgrade all the way to 10.4.5. Did you run Check for App Updates?

ya. I think I figured out the issue after some thorough research. I was able to download the newer version of 10.4 but THENNNNN it was unable to verify that I owned version 10 since I purchased the original 10 through the mac app store. There WAS an update available in the mac app store but now it is not there so it looks like i will need some technical suppor tomorrow. Wish they had some people online right now that could assist me..

Now i cannot get into my accordance because it cannot verify my account.... It says that I do not own version 10....

Edited by chadchad88

Hello chadchad88

I recommend you to upgrade to 11, you'll never won't go back. 

But update all your modules first.

Greetings

Fabian 

I hope such a discount can be available for the NICOT/NICNT... :)

• Like 1

Hah!

Thank you for your suggestions! I have a follow-up:

I own Ultimate Collection and revised ISBE. Would you at this point say "purchase whatever you want", or do you still have some suggestions? I do handle original languages, or at least strive towards that.

I'd encourage you take advantage of the NIVAC sale, if you do any preaching or teaching at all. The way it moves from 1) understanding passages in their original contexts, to 2) eternal divine principles, to 3) contemporary applications is unequaled. It's not just that the material in each of these three sections is consistently good, but also the way it transitions between them.  Its these transitions that my students have often found most difficult. These commentaries teach good technique by example.

• Like 1

I have a handful of these in hardback ... now thanks to Accordance's magnanimous generosity & a payment plan, I have all of them that are published. You guys are amazing.

It has been one of my favorites since it came out.

• Like 1

I'd encourage you take advantage of the NIVAC sale, if you do any preaching or teaching at all. The way it moves from 1) understanding passages in their original contexts, to 2) eternal divine principles, to 3) contemporary applications is unequaled. It's not just that the material in each of these three sections is consistently good, but also the way it transitions between them.  Its these transitions that my students have often found most difficult. These commentaries teach good technique by example.

Thank you for this detailed answer, it was really helpful!

• Like 2

I hope such a discount can be available for the NICOT/NICNT... :)

You and me both :)

"Please note that this 42-volume bundle covers every book of the Old and New Testament with the exception of the unpublished volumes of Ezra / Nehemiah and Psalms 73-150."

Will the missing volumes (eventually) be available for free?

(I mean free to those who have purchased the complete set)

Edited by Alistair

No, almost certainly Zondervan will want us to pay royalties on the new volumes as they are not included in our current agreement with them. Therefore users will need to pay us to use them.

Not sure where to post this but if you are using nivac in a parallel pane on ios with iaccord v2, use link to get to the right area initially, but if you then unlink, you get a menu at the top of the pane and from that you can switch between the three different phases, original meaning, bridging contexts or contemporary significance. The real benefit of accordance.

Plus zondervan have just sent out a news letter letting us know of the sale!

;o)