Search Help - How is this word often translated?

trevakin

Hi Accordance friends,

Do any of you know how to automatically list every way a word is translated in a particular english version? 

For example, in Hebrews 11:13, the text begins κατα πιστιν, which the ESV translates "in faith." I wondered how often κατα was translated as "in" since it seemed a less usual translation for that word. I'm not sure of any way to get that information short of searching the greek word, adding a parallel pane and looking at each highlighted word. So I was hoping someone else had come up with a more clever solution for this.

Thanks

For any Strong's or G-K tagged translation, this is pretty easy.  Simply find the key number associated with the word by looking at that verse in your tagged text, such as ESVS.  For ESVS κατα in Heb 11:13 is G2596.  Simply do a search for this key number with a right click Search For -> Key Number, or entering it into the search box:  [KEY G2596], and then use the Analysis analytic from the little bar-chart looking icon next to your number of hits.

You can then isolate only those verses where G2596 is so translated: in@[KEY G2596]

However, these are common words and not every version has the same degree of tagging of common words. I would check the Holman, the Mounce, and the enhanced NIV11.