An easier way to open parallel texts?

Susan

This seems trivial, but every time I go to open a parallel text I get something that looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/uY9IT2Rm.png

The texts I am most interested are stored in "My texts" at the top of the menu in the middle of the picture. I seldom want any of the rest on that list when opening this way.  But I have to mouse down to 'texts' » left onto the long list » up to the top to open 'My Texts » over right again to select the text I want within it.  This is a lot of mousing for something I do very frequently, choosing among a fairly small number of texts, so it seems like it should be simple. (I generally start from NA28 or Biblia Hebraica, so all I really need are an English translation + LXX + NETS in that list. I rarely open commentaries in parallel like that.)

Is there a way to take the rest of them out of that menu without deleting them from my library? Better yet, I would like them to appear in the initial menu (on the right in the picture), either in place of or along with "recent modules." Better still, a way to define keyboard shortcuts in order to open the one I want directly without all the mousing?

Thanks!

I had a similiar Post that cover this also last year.

1. For you, if you use always the same you have the possibility to click on the "recently Opened" or so. 

2. To type the first character when you open the list ist not really helpful. Because if you have a lot of GNT and you type G and then N the mark springs first to G and then N and not to the word GN. 

3 Sometimes I open it through the Library and then I open it through the "recently opened" Also not really good.

If Accordance make here some progress I wouldn't say no.

Greetings

Fabian

For you, if you use always the same you have the possibility to click on the "recently Opened" or so.

Thanks, Fabian. My trouble is that "recently opened" in this menu seems to include anything opened in any way, including commentaries and lexicons that I have recently opened in their own tabs. As a result, even though there are only 3-4 resources I regually access through this menu, they get bumped off by things opened in other ways such that everything I want is not consistently there.

You could rearrange your texts so rather than putting the texts you use under "My Texts" leave them at the top level then put any texts you rarely of never open in parallel within folders. Then you would have one less folder to navigate down to and a smaller list. So you get something like the following:

post-30494-0-43472400-1430897631_thumb.png

Another option which may work for you is to set up a "basic workspace" with the parallel texts you always use. If you saved it at the top of your workspace list you could then open that as your starting point from the toolbar or file menu.

• Like 2

Thank you, Steve. The workspace isn’t ideal for me because I don’t always know what parallels I want/need when I start. (My Greek and Hebrew are both mediocre, so whether or not I need English (or LXX for the Hebrew) depends on what I find. :)) Your second idea was appropriate for me though. I now have: 

http://i.imgur.com/O1nQLu3t.png

This brings them one level up and shortens the list, making it considerably easier to navigate. It has also brought them one level up when opening a new tab:

http://i.imgur.com/O9tOQvZt.png

All in all, for my purposes it seems that having the texts I’m interested in outside of the “My Texts” folder seems to be optimal. I appreciate your help!

Glad that it was useful.