Could the Mac Dictionary Application be tied to Accordance?

Enoch

"y el que crea en él, no será defraudado"

Often cognates don't mean the same thing at all between languages.  A merely embarrassed woman certainly doesn't want to tell someone that she is embarasada.  And as above, defraudado can simply mean disappointed.  

There is a dictionary application in the Mac, which can be set primarily Spanish to English, English to Spanish.

I am wondering if it would be difficult to add Apple Dictionary to the right click menu of Accordance, so that if one clicked on Dictionary, the meaning would pop up from Dictionary application?

I think it would be a very good idea.

See pic.

You can give a shortcut key like shift+ctrl+P this is not used before. Then select the word and lets run..

post-32723-0-25671700-1431426827_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

You can see also that I have a lot of shortcut-key with shift+ctrl+ because they are often not used before. 

Even in Word, OpenOffice, LibreOffice etc I have gave a shortcut key for the languages (In german "Sprache") so the shortcut-key ist shift+ctrl+s. When I write a word in english or so I select it then, shortcut, and I can choose english and the red underline wave is away.

Or to make Cross-refs in Word shift+ctrl+q for Querverweise, to divide the Word window in 2 shift+ctrl+t for Teilen etc. etc. 

Even for the Accordance Services. 3 you can see in the pic above and the 4. is shift+ctrl+i for insert. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian