Issues Switching Bible Dictionary

davidmedina

Hi:

I was watching the latest podcast about studying Bible topics and ran into an issue.

Dr. J showed how we can quickly switch through Bible dictionaries. Pretty cool. But It does not seem to work well.

I have the New Bible Dictionary, Holman and eerdmans, in that order.

When I click in the info pane for Psalm 45:2 for the word Grace, like Dr. J does it open up to my default, The New Bible Dictionary. If I go to the pulldown menu to select the next one, Holman, it also displays the definition for the word Grace. But then I do the same and select the eerdmans dictionary the page goes blank. 

Now, if after opening to my default dictionary I go directly to the eerdmans and bypass Holsman, it will display correctly. 

Here is a video: http://youtu.be/iJdTXOPpJTs

Hey, David, that video was really helpful!

It looks like Accordance isn't automatically re-running the search when you switch to Eerdmans. I've found that to be the case at times. See if hitting [return] will make it do so. It may be that the preceding dictionary used a different name for the first field (e.g. "Title" of "Article" instead of "Entry"). If that is the case, you may have to manually switch the field back  in Eerdmans .

Thanks Dr. J. Though the vide would make it easier to explain :)

Hitting return when Eerdmans does not show the results initially brings the A small windows. here is a screen capture of that window.

post-32482-0-64510600-1431373387_thumb.jpg