Crash on Opening—brand new software

hilaryrit

I just recently purchased Accordance 11 (5/9/15) and since downloading it, have not been able to open the program successfully at all. I am using Mavericks 10.10.3. I downloaded from both Chrome and Safari and had the same problem. When I double click on the Accordance icon to open the program, the lamp bounces on my dock for less than a second then crashes right away. I don't know if this makes a difference, but in the "My Products" page on my account, I have access to download "Accordance Software Version 11" but not "Starter Collection (Accordance 11)." I read a forum that said turning off my wifi might help, but that didn't solve my problem. Am I missing something in order to successfully launch Accordance?

Hilary, I recommend you contact tech support directly at (407) 339-0266 so they can help you get set up right away.  While we can offer help here, it is certainly the fastest way for you to be able to use your purchase!

I talked with tech support and they advised me to hold down the option key when I opened the program. In the Dialogue box that appeared, I clicked "Remove General Settings" and "Remove Startup Session" and that allowed me to successfully launch Accordance.