NEW! Commentators' Bible (Michael Carasik)

R. Mansfield

JUST RELEASED! Explore Rabbinic wisdom with Michael Carasik's Commentators' Bible on Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy--(AKA Miqra'ot Gedolot/מקראות גדולות, "Great Scriptures," or "Rabbinic Bible").

Introductory pricing is available for a limited time!

Read more at the blog post and product page

CB-Exodus.png
  • Like 2

A very important addition to the Accordance Library!

Check out the Jewish Publication Society's website for more interesting material and downloads of sample pages from the print edition of Exodus.  http://www.jewishpub.org/

Also, check out the author's page on facebook under Commentators' Bible

• Like 1

Is there an equivalent volume for Genesis?

Tim,

The author is working now on the Genesis volume.  See Carasik's facebook page called Commentators' Bible for updates on his progress

• Like 2

I am sorry to say that I have found so far 4 hypertext errors in the commentaries on Carasik's volume on Numbers verse 2 and these at the beginning the Numbers volume.  These 4 hypertexts which only consist of chapter and verse do not to mention the biblical book attached to the chapter and verses and are bringing up the wrong biblical book repeatedly.  

Is anyone proofreading these scriptural hypertexts??

Another example:The citation below is bringing up a verses from GENESIS instead of NUMBERS

The counting was not completed on a single day, though, which is why v. 19

Michael Carasik, Numbers (The Commentators’ Bible; Accordance electronic ed. Philadelphia: The Jewish Publication Society, 2011), n.p.

Tim,

The author is working now on the Genesis volume.  See Carasik's facebook page called Commentators' Bible for updates on his progress

This page is worth checking out, too--offers a projected date of 2018 for Genesis.

I am sorry to say that I have found so far 4 hypertext errors in the commentaries on Carasik's volume on Numbers verse 2 and these at the beginning the Numbers volume.  These 4 hypertexts which only consist of chapter and verse do not to mention the biblical book attached to the chapter and verses and are bringing up the wrong biblical book repeatedly.  

Is anyone proofreading these scriptural hypertexts??

Another example:The citation below is bringing up a verses from GENESIS instead of NUMBERS

The counting was not completed on a single day, though, which is why v. 19

Michael Carasik, Numbers (The Commentators’ Bible; Accordance electronic ed. Philadelphia: The Jewish Publication Society, 2011), n.p.

We're looking into this.

What little I've used of the Deuteronomy book (in print) has been very impressive. Gordon and/or Rick, I'll be glad to hear about any updates (presumably an update might come on this thread) on the hypertexting issues Gordon mentions. Glad to see these in Accordance.

Any idea when the Deuteronomy module will be available?

Edited by Gordon

We'll be fixing them globally and updating the modules very quickly. Sorry that our testers missed this, but it will be a quick fix. There is no need to send in more reports before we update.

• Like 1

Thanks Helen.  The number of hypertext scriptural verse corrections that need to be made just in Numbers 1 alone are quite numerous.

Helen, Thanks for the update although even after the update, I discovered at least one error that needs correction and have reported it.

On Numbers 1:45 in the quote from Nahmanides

He wounds, but His hands heal” (Job 12:23 and 5:18).

The hypertext 5:18 brings up a quote from Numbers but it is a quote from JOB 5:18

And there will be many more... As in all tools, it is a challenge to know where a reference without the book name belongs. We write scripts to identify them but either way we do it, from the verse on which the comment is made, or from the last book cited, we are going to miss some and get some wrong. We correct the reported ones from time to time.

Please do not report them here, just send in the Report a Correction as you already did.

• Like 1

CB Deuteronomy has arrived!

Yes, it has--Download NOW!

The new Commentators' Bible often looks at the OLJPS (old JPS translation of the Hebrew Bible) in explicating the Biblical text.  Unfortunately, Accordance does not have the OLJPS available as a download. (Btw, another prominent Bible software company has it as a free download since, I believe, it is in the public domain). However, if you go the http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm you can find the OLJPS translation and copy and paste at your pleasure.  You can even copy and paste whole Biblical books at once and turn them into Tools on your accordance. 

• 3 years later...

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I’ll mention it here, too, just in case. Today is the last day for introductory discounted savings on the Commentators’ Bible: Genesis or the discounted upgrade to the complete five-volume set. Sale ends at midnight EDT tonight.

• Like 1