¶ Mark bug in User Bibles

Fabian

Hello 

I found out that in the User Bibles the paragraph mark is not recognized from Accordance by showing as "Paragraph with a space line" and in the "Reader modus". Then only the paragraph mark is not visible anymore, how it is in show as "single verse" but it creates no space line. Only the space from the invisible mark is to see.

When I add the paragraph mark how Accordance describe in the help files. And the Bibles from Accordance has it. E. g. Matt 5,6 ¶ bla bla bla ...

First 2 fotos.

But today I found out that Accordance has no problem to make a new paragraph, when the paragraph mark is at the end of the last line. 

E. g. 

Matt. 5,5 fwlerwoauro weorjwlfj wotuw ¶

Matt. 5,6 bla bla bla ...

Matt. 5,7 blu blu blu ...

The last 2 fotos.

I mean not the space line that Accordance create if a new chapter is beginning, even if there is no ¶ paragraph mark. And I didn't want that Accordance then make a space line. On the "Reader modus" or show as "Paragraph with space line". But thats another bug....

Do you want to rewrite the help files or to kill the bug? So I know how I have to format for the future.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-85285500-1432043020_thumb.png

post-32723-0-75924200-1432043048_thumb.png

post-32723-0-72881400-1432043304_thumb.png

post-32723-0-68820300-1432043319_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Fabian, this is not a bug.  As reported in the Help Files (You are here: Digging Deeper > Creating Your Own Modules > User Bibles > Preparing the Text):

If paragraphs are used, a paragraph marker must appear after the reference of the first verse of the first book, otherwise Accordance assumes there are no paragraphs in the text. The marker should also appear at reasonable intervals throughout the text.

If I disobey the instructions and do not place a paragraph mark at the beginning of the text, then I experience what you have described.  However, if I follow the instructions and place a paragraph marker at the very beginning, everything works properly.

Hello Joel

You are right. I had read this section a few times, but in the paragraph where this is written I read only the beginning. I remember that I was thinking "why I have to set a paragraph at the beginning, it is clear, that its a new paragraph here"

Anyway thanks, for your answer.

Greetings

Fabian

Hello Joel

Now I'm on the way to correct my User Bibles with a ¶ in the first line after the verse numbering.

But now it comes a new problem. If I want reimport some User Bibles then it comes a message which says: "This text can't import, because it has to many paragraphmarks (¶) in it" (my translation).

See pic.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-85876700-1434290783_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

Next problem:

Since I have add the ¶ (see above) I have a new issue. Now Accordance has problems to recognize the <sup> </sup> correct. 

I had this in this Bible before and make a totally new one. Then the problem was away till....

You can see in the pic that it refers to a missing tag to the </sup> at the end. But you can see that the <sup> is there. I had last time make  some <sup><sup> that Accordance has recognize it. 

If you need the file I can send you.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-30395500-1434297725_thumb.png