#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 AM

When I use command-u to make a note, when I have highlighted multiple verses. The box that appears lists only the first verse of the highlighted set.

How do you make notes that are recorded as being related to multiple verses?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,870 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 AM

With the older non-Unicode notes you could edit the verse reference to cover more verses, but in fact the note was tied only to the first verse. That may have been a little confusing, so now the reference cannot be edited, and a note can only be attached to a single verse.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Thanks for your reply. Im a little surprised, It seems like creating notes is such a basic and important feature to a product like this. 

I've been trying to decide for a while now if I should keep my bible notes in my bible software or separately. It is so convenient to have them side by side in the bible software, so for now I have kept them in, but its things like this that make me think that it really might be worth the transition out of the bible software. At least if you are using word, or some comparable product, there would be no restriction on notes being listed as belonging to a passage rather than a verse.

How do other people handle their notes?

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,039 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 07:50 AM

Just a suggestion: If you have a note that covers more than a single verse, try attaching it to the first verse of the paragraph. If you make this a regular habit, then all you'll have to do is check a verse in its context to see if there is a note attached to it.

Another [or additional] possibility is to highlight all the verses related to that note, using a highlight style that is reserved only for that purpose. That would ensure that you'd know you had a note on a passage, even if only a single verse of it appeared in a search.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users