Install Photoguide 4

nwichmann

I bought the new Photoguide yesterday. It finished the download and I told it to go ahead and install. The progress bar stopped about 2/3 of the way and has been that way for close to 24 hours now. What can I do to get it finished?

This is very odd... you should have got a message telling you it timed out.... I have a slower connection and know it took me over 20 minutes to download it and install (it could have been over an hour left the computer came back a little after an hour and it said ready to install). I hate to have to have you restart the download but I do suspect something is wrong and there is not way to hurry it up at this point but to cancel and start over.

-Dan

I agree with Dan. Somewhere along the line, your download stalled.

I recommend trying again, this time (if possible) with a faster internet connection. If possible, connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable, rather than wirelessly. Wireless connections tend to be slower in the best of times; in the worst of times they fade in and out completely. Large (or long) downloads seems to be particularly vulnerable.

PhotoGuide 4 is worth the wait, though. I spent some time today just admiring the new photos of Egypt.

Thanks, Dan and Dr. J. My connection here at work is wired, but speed limited. The download took over an hour. I just moved and won't have internet at home until Sunday at the earliest.

The download completed though. It's the actual installation that quit.

Iteresting. I just crashed it and went to do it all again. But the Accord. list said it was already installed. I looked at it and see lots of stuff. The last entry is "Zorah."

Hi Nwichmann,

while I can’t shed light on the installation issues, Zorah is the last entry in the Photoguide, so it appears that you have it all!

If you right click in the PhotoGuide 4 tab and select "About this text...," you should see the following. Notice that it says "Version 2.0." If yours reads the same, you're good!

post-29215-0-54142800-1433368440_thumb.png

Yes it does. Thanks.

• Like 2