Greek Orthodox Bible

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I have checked but have not found a copy of the Greek Orthodox Bible as used in the Orthodox Church (please forgive me any unintended fuax pas in naming here). I have found http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=VAMVASbut this states that it is not the bible used in the church. If I've missed this please let me know. If not please consider it a request for the work in Accordance.

Thx

D

Hi Daniel, you're going to have two Orthodox Greek New Testaments to choose from in the upcoming weeks!

Hi Rick,

Thanx. Very nice. Two questions, hoping not to steal any thunder you may wish to keep for an announcement email.

1. will these be morph tagged ?

2. Any chance of an OT ? even though my current interest is in the gospels.

Thx

D

1. Yes.

2. Anything is possible in the future but nothing is definitely planned at the moment. Is there a particular OT text you're interested in?

• Like 1

On 1 cool.

On 2 let me get back to you. I was really just hoping to have a complete Orthodox bible. One could of course imagine doing a combined text using compatible OT and NTs. I don't know which NTs you will offer so I am not sure what that would be. I am not very familiar with the Orthodox text either so I will have to investigate.

Some backstory : what actually happened was that I, after a long time, was able to find a pocket Greek edition of the gospels and the apocalypse. I've want such a thing for a long time. Anyhow, naturally enough it is from the Orthodox Church, and I've noticed a textual variation in John that I wanted to investigate.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Rick,  Just checking back in on how this is coming along. Thx D.

Don't tell anyone, but you may not have to wait much longer at all! Here's a hint: which day of the week do we generally announce new releases? Figure that out and wait for that day ;-)

• Like 3

Very cool - many thanx.

D