Accordance Mobile v. 2.1 Released

Dean Thibault

Accordance Mobile version 2.1 has been released and should show up in the app store shortly. 

New Features in this version:

1. Updated user note edit view to allow editing of text style, including: font, font size, color, bold, italic and underline.

2. Added Copy, Share, Define, Search and Edit to User Note view. Search will search current note. Edit will edit the current note at the selected verse.

3. Added Copy, Share, Define and Edit to User Note pane in Search view. Edit will edit the current note at the selected verse.

4. Updated Devotional view edit menu to include Highlight, clear, search, amplify, define and bookmark.

5. Updated Tool hyperlink style setting, to allow combination of multiple options (i.e. Plain, Bold, Italicized and Underlined)

6. Added Background Color setting to User Notes Display settings.

7. Added ability for users to retain their last "more/search" setting selection for each module. This means that if the last search performed the users selected the "more" search options, the next time the user searches, the "more" search options view will be made available by default instead of them having to select it each time.

Fixes in this version:

1. Fixed issue where custom highlight colors were being interpreted as Accordance Blue.

2. Fixed issue where an empty Search view is displayed after failed amplify.

3. In Text view, with panes unlinked, and bottom pane changes Text, will attempt to scroll to same verse, if not found will scroll to first verse.

4. Updated Text view, so If there’s a problem opening previously used parallel module, the current search text will also be opened in parallel pane.

5. Fixed issue where splitter was not displayed correctly after rotation, for Text and Devotional views.

6. Fixed issue where after navigation with TOC in unlinked second pane, navigating with TOC of top pane causes app crash.

7. Easy Install and Updates views - all modules  will be check marked when Download All modules is selected.

8. Easy Install and Updates views - Download and Download all buttons re-enabled after cancelled install.

9. Fixed issue with parallel pane open/close button was not updating correctly when parallel pane dragged open by splitter.

10. Fixed issue with Verse selection menu, when displayed in night mode, unused cells  were displayed white.

11. In picture view, removed line from bottom of navigation bar.

12. Updated spacing and alignment of controls in search toolbar.

13. Fixed issue where edit menu would disappear when app suspended or device sleeps.

14. Fixed issue with “My Bookmarks” where second line of text was shrinking when in edit mode.

15. Fixed issue with Library view with row heights not being set correctly.

16. Fixed issue where during IAP restore purchases, if PID info not found for 1 module, none of the modules would be downloaded.

17. Fixed issue where sometimes links in User Notes cause blank Instant Details.

18. Fix for user note search result offset issue

19. Fixed crash when displaying Highlight chooser after switching highlights file.

20. Fixed issue where symbols view in Highlight chooser was not scrolling to last used symbol.

21. Fixed crash when using unsupported TOPIC command in search.

• Like 5

Thanks, Dean.  Not seeing it in iTunes yet, or in the App Store on my devices, but there is usually a delay.  And thanks to the whole team for all the hard work.

• Like 1

Thanks, great that you fixed the synch, unsynch. Thank you so much

;o)

Ps like your swipe to see whats new

It's out now--go get it!

• Like 2

Hello Accordance

I would say many thanks. It looks great and is absolut more stable. 

Greetings

Fabian

Got it yesterday and haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  The list of new features & fixes is excellent.  iAccord just keeps getting better.  But I'm not giving up my Mac.

• Like 1

Stability is still an issue for me. I have several bookmarks for five different daily Scripture readings, usually in different translations. I also have a bookmark in NA28 (Sigla). After reading several passages, if I then try to use the TOC to navigate in the text, it often crashes. Sometimes restarting and trying the TOC again still crashes. I have to open the text via the Texts tab and then navigate with TOC (grid verse chooser).

Another way 2.1 crashes is when I open a parallel window, unlink the second text, and attempt to navigate with the TOC (grid verse chooser).

I really like 2.x, but in both of these scenarios the iOS app crashes in ways I did not experience with 1.x

Accordance for Mac 11.0.6 [Mac OS X 10.10.3] Accordance for iOS 2.1 [iOS 8.3]

Mid 2013 11 inch MacBook Air, iPad 2, iPhone 5S

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

I love the update, but I'm experiencing one problem - in my user notes, I can't find any options to edit text style (font, bold, italic, etc.)  The only option I'm seeing is the option to edit the content - I get the keyboard, but nothing else.  I know I'm on version 2.1.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Okay, I went back and watched the podcast on customizing a user note.  Here's my issue - when I go to edit a user note, the new font settings button in the title bar appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears.  So what could be causing that to happen?  The same issue happens on my iPad Air (1) and my iPhone 5s.  I'm searching, but can't seem to find any settings that would cause this or change this.  Help!

Edited by dwhunter

Have your notes been updated to the new .amynotes on the desktop Accordance? If you only use them on iOS you may need to create a new user Notes file in order to use these new features.

A great release - thank you.

Helen - I checked in my Accordance docs, and there are two folders - an "Old User Notes" and a "User Notes" file.  The "User Notes" file has the new amynotes on it.  Thanks for the suggestion - I'll get on with chat support when they're online today.

Hello yesterday I had recommend Accordance Mobile to two church visitors. After installing, they got an Accordance account and download the rest. Accordance Mobile crashs all 10 seconds on the iPhone 6. 

Sorry but so it is hard to recommend Accordance Mobile...  

Issue by me:

When I quit the "Update" then AM is hanging and crash. I can't go back normal without issue.

When I'm in a commentary and want to change the commentary, then this is only possible over the library. In Texts we can tap the blue name above, but not in Dict. or Commentaries 

Stability is still an issue for me. I have several bookmarks for five different daily Scripture readings, usually in different translations. I also have a bookmark in NA28 (Sigla). After reading several passages, if I then try to use the TOC to navigate in the text, it often crashes. Sometimes restarting and trying the TOC again still crashes. I have to open the text via the Texts tab and then navigate with TOC (grid verse chooser).

Another way 2.1 crashes is when I open a parallel window, unlink the second text, and attempt to navigate with the TOC (grid verse chooser).

I really like 2.x, but in both of these scenarios the iOS app crashes in ways I did not experience with 1.x

Accordance for Mac 11.0.6 [Mac OS X 10.10.3] Accordance for iOS 2.1 [iOS 8.3]

Mid 2013 11 inch MacBook Air, iPad 2, iPhone 5S

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It really impacts my flow on my iPad.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It really impacts my flow on my iPad.

I have been able to reproduce this crash and a fix should be available in the next release.

• Like 1

I have been able to reproduce this crash and a fix should be available in the next release.

Thank you very much!

Anyone else having an issue where the new font-gear-box icon disappears a second after editing a user note?  

I am not seeing that here, Kevin.

Are you sure your User note is in the new, Accordance 11, format? You can check to see if this is the issue by creating a brand new User Note file and editing a note in it. If this bug still appears, please post more information, like your model of iDevice and the version of its operating system.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Kevin,

I was having that issue. I synced with Dropbox and it took care of the issue for me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated my iOS version for Accordance, which I’ve been patiently waiting for a while to fix what was broken with the previous update. Among some of the problems were that verse hyperlinks stopped working, Greek text could not be entered in my notes without the text area jumping up and down, Greek text-clippings could not be copy-pasted without losing some characters on the way, verse refs were sometimes erroneously linked, colours were off, etc.

The new update (2.1), not only does not fix all of these issues, it introduces new ones, like a blank background covering a portion of the textfield area when my notes are invoked (for instance, in Daily Light), and the note hyperlinks are still disabled. And the new feature that is supposed to selectively style text, does not work whatsoever.

Using Accordance is underwhelming. I wish I had a way to selectively not update apps on the iOS, but I have yet to find a way to control updates that way. 

Dear Odoiporus,

There was an issue with hyperlinks links in Tool modules that has been addressed in version 2.1.  I hope you will find that these now work consistently.

Updating the format of all your user note files to .amynotes will hopefully address the issue of copy/pasting of Greek text into notes without dropping characters.   And the selection handles are easier to use now, or it may be that I have my font size quite large so that it is easy to see where my selections end.

It is true that when the two panes are linked, moving the text pane may cause the second pane to jump around more rapidly than one expects.  You may unlink the panes by tapping the icon that resembles two links of chain and this may help.

If I am understanding your issue with Daily Light, it may help to know that the devotionals do behave differently than a text or other tool in that when you first open the devotional from the Devotionals category in the library it opens as two panes.  The hyperlink in the devotional (main screen) switches what is showing on the second pane rather than opening a pop up window with the text of the linked verse.  If you close the second pane, you will not see it hyperlink to the reference at all.

If the devotional is opened from the library category, General Tools, the hyperlink does open as a pop up window.  If these hyperlinks are indeed not working in any given module, I would suggest that you delete the module from your library and reinstall it.

There are blank backgrounds covering a portion of the textfield area in Notes.  This may reflect, it seems, larger skips between references that have notes., i.e. there is a larger blank field between my notes on Gen 35;18 and Gen 41:1 than there is between my note on Gen 35:9 and Gen 35:10.  I find that using the navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen allows me to move quickly through my notes. But I also find that I can enter Edit mode on a note and delete that extra space.  It is a good idea to have the programmers take a look at this behavior.

The feature that allows you to select styles for your notes applies only to note files in the new format, .amynotes.  You can distinguish whether the note is in the new format by whether it will allow you to select style or not.  When I updated my notes to the new format I needed to go through and separate out the old ones on both my computer and in Dropbox. Making sure I had backups of all, I then deleted all notes from my iPad and reinstalled them from Dropbox.  Even then a few of the old ones were retrieved, but once I carefully replaced all my user notes with the new format, the style feature works great.

Notes in the iOS app link to Text modules only. I don't know how you are invoking my notes in Daily Light which is a tool module.  This is possible in the computer app of Accordance version 11 but not yet in the iOS app.  Would you be willing to describe what you mean by "when my notes are invoked (for instance, in Daily Light)"

We will be happy to work with you personally to try to resolve the issues you are having if you will call support at 407-339-5855 or 407-339-0266.