Handover

Guntis

Would it be possible to implement Handover for Accordance? If I open Accordance on a Mac, I could open Accordance for iOS to the same Bible passage from the lock screen of my iOS device... Or vice versa: I could open on a Mac to the same passage which is currently open on my iPhone or iPad.

• Like 7

For my 4S I don't have Handover. But if I own a newer iPhone one day, it would be nice.

Greetings

Fabian

I like this idea in general... but I would want to be able to turn it off too.... I am one who occasionally am one who is busy reading on my iPad and then will pick up the iPhone to do some scripture search and such knowing that my iPad is going to be where I left off...

-dan

There's no need to turn anything off. If you'd want to use Handoff feature, you'd tap on the Accordance icon on the lock screen, otherwise you'd just unlock your screen and launch Accordance by tapping on the app icon, as you do it now. The difference where you launch it.

The same on a Mac. You can launch it by clicking on its icon in the Dock or you can launch it from the special leftmost Handoff icon in the Dock. It appears only when the app is open on an iOS device.

• Like 2

This would be great!

• 2 years later...

That would be specially useful on iOS device when several passages are open on the Mac. Say, on my Mac I open: Deuteronomy 34:1-12; Psalm 90:1-6, 13-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8; Matthew 22:34-46; Leviticus 19:1-2, 15-18; Psalm 1. With 2 taps I could open the same passage list on my iPhone. 

Oooh.  This would be nice...

This would be amazing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!

While I am aware this would be a Mac only feature, and the team has been active working on Win-versions and and android beta. So is this a reason not to get my hopes up ? :s...

• 1 month later...

Yes it is here. 

It works good from my iPhone X to the Mac, but not otherwise. And it doesn't jump every time exactly to the same paragraph in Tools.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian, Apple requires the Mac AppStore version of desktop apps to support handoff to iOS. Unfortunately nothing we can do on this. If you do have the MAS version once it updates to 12.2 I believe it will work.

Hello Joel

Thanks I haven't noticed this. 

Thanks.

One point for the MAS version, but I have started with the MAS version 10 but not yet anymore.

Greetings

Fabian

Yes it is here. 

It works good from my iPhone X to the Mac, but not otherwise. And it doesn't jump every time exactly to the same paragraph in Tools.

The same here. From my iPhone 8 Plus to the MacBook Pro, but not otherwise. No Accordance icon on the iPhone's lock screen when I press the Power button. 

Actually, could you add 3D touch support for the Sync button? Deep press would bring up menu with 3 options: Handoff, Sync to Accordance, Sync to Dropbox.