Photo

NEW! JUDGES (Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 8)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Tony Pyles

Tony Pyles

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, Greek, Psalms, Septuagint, Linguistics, NT use of the OT, Reformed Dogmatics
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:50 AM

Does this mean the revised Pss 1–50 volume (also about ten years old!) is also around the corner?  ;)

#22 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Silver

• Accordance
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

So if one buys the Judges volume now, the integrated OT module will be at no additional cost?

Yes. From the WBC Judges product page:

This volume is currently available only as a stand-alone volume. It will be included in the next major update to the Word Biblical Commentary sets (listed below), at no additional cost for those who purchase this stand-alone volume prior to the release of the newer sets.

Yes ... and no. It is my understanding that we are waiting for other volumes before re-creating the larger sets in order to eliminate additional confusing upgrade paths. When the additional volumes are final (I do NOT know what those volumes are), we will re-create the WBC-OT, WBC-NT, WBC-OT/NT sets as necessary.

For those who purchase the current Judges volume, there will be a corresponding "credit" toward any future purchase of a larger set that contains Judges ... you will not pay for it again! So if the "integrated OT module" contains the addition of Judges and, say perhaps, a Job volume, the purchase of the new larger set would only be paying for the Job volume.

So "Yes" ... the down-the-road integrated larger module would be "at no additional cost" ... for the Judges volume.

But "No" ... there will be an additional cost for any other volumes included.

• Michael J. Bolesta, Julie Falling, Dan Francis and 3 others like this

#23 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

Yes ... and no. It is my understanding that we are waiting for other volumes before re-creating the larger sets in order to eliminate additional confusing upgrade paths. When the additional volumes are final (I do NOT know what those volumes are), we will re-create the WBC-OT, WBC-NT, WBC-OT/NT sets as necessary.

For those who purchase the current Judges volume, there will be a corresponding "credit" toward any future purchase of a larger set that contains Judges ... you will not pay for it again! So if the "integrated OT module" contains the addition of Judges and, say perhaps, a Job volume, the purchase of the new larger set would only be paying for the Job volume.

So "Yes" ... the down-the-road integrated larger module would be "at no additional cost" ... for the Judges volume.

But "No" ... there will be an additional cost for any other volumes included.

Thanks for the lucid answer.

Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#24 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Generally, there are always three prices that are indicated during a special on a particular tool or text.

1. List price
  2. Regular price
  3. Sale or Introductory price

In this tool, I only see the list price and the introductory price. 

What is the regular price going to be after the introductory price expires tonight? :)

OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.3, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.3, 128 GB

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, 64 GB

#25 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Silver

• Accordance
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

Generally, if no other "regular price" is stated, the Regular Price and the List Price are the same. In this case, the price will be $54.90 after the sale ends tonight.

#26 Gordon

Gordon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

Judges volume in WBC vs Judges volume in the Yale Anchor series....I would like to hear from anyone who can give a learned evaluation of these two scholarly works.  Compare and Contrast if possible.

Thanks.

‏ כִּ֤י לֶ֣קַח ט֭וֹב נָתַ֣תִּי לָכֶ֑ם תּֽ֝וֹרָתִ֗י אַֽל־תַּעֲזֹֽבוּ׃

#27 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

Individual titles tend to cost more, so I'm hoping to figure out if the introductory sale price for this single volume will equal or beat the upgrade price for this volume in the set. :)

Edited by Chuck Schneider, 29 June 2015 - 09:44 AM.

OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.3, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.3, 128 GB

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, 64 GB

#28 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Since I could not add an attachment easily here (likely due to my ignorance), please see new topic labeled:

JUDGES (Word Biblical Commentary Anchor Bible) Samples

-Dan

Attached File  Sample.pdf   975.4KB   0 downloads attach from my media.

Edited by Dan Francis, 29 June 2015 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users