Theme in Reader Mode

Fabian

Hello 

I don't like the presetting theme of the Reader Mode, so I want to change the color. But I was unable.

Even to change the font I was unable.

And when I check the box off in the preferences of the reader mode, then it changes the background color when the Tool is in the pane, not when it is in the reader mode. For me here is something wrong.

Greetings

Fabian

When you change your text or tool display settings, be sure to click "Use as a Default."

I checked. My custom display settings appear when the Tool is in a pane and when it is in Reading mode.

Thanks, I didn't use the default thing.

And I was a little bit confused with the "theme for better reader experiences" checkbox. If I toggle on and off in the reader mode then in the Pane it changes the background too till you have the module closed and reopened.

And for "better exp." it goes always to newspaper grey. I was thinking I can choose different backgrounds.

And how do I change the font in the reader mode. It comes always a font with serifs.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Fabian,

You are very welcome!

Font: open the Tool Display settings in the pane and choose "Customize theme." Another pane will open that will allow you to choose the exact font you want.

By me your instructions works only for the pane. But it does not effect to to reader mode.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Fabian

Hmmm.., it seems to work for me. You do have to select "Use as a Default" again, though.

:)Yes.

If I close and reopen Accordance, it must opened with the default settings. Then I open a Bible or Commentary, they both opens with the default font without serifs and the I press ctrl+R and the reader modus comes with a serif font.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian:

In Preferences -> Reading/Research, there are two checkboxes that determine what happens when you enter Reading mode.  The first one "Use Readability Theme" changes the font, color, and background color of your pane to the Readability theme.  Uncheck this if you want to keep your normal pane settings.  The second one, "Use default font size of" changes the size of your text while in Reading mode.

Given what you've said here, you likely want to uncheck the first box, but leave the second one selected.  While in reading mode, your pane display choices will be maintained and you can change how it looks.

If you are looking to use a different theme or look while only in Reading mode, this is unfortunately not currently supported.   You either need to use the Readability theme in Reading Mode, or you need to change it manually when going in and out.

Hello Joel

Many thanks for your clarification.

Greetings

Fabian

P.S. it is great to have the surface of Accordance in different languages for normal use. But if I have to explain what I mean it is more difficult to translate back the buttons etc. So it is a pro and contra ;)

The more that my library grows in Accordance, the more I seek a good settings for my eyes in Accordance. So I tried to find a really good reader experience in the reader mode.

Greetings

Fabian