User Bible : Paragraphs? And Notes?

SteveP

I have been trying to import a Russian Bible translation into Accordance that I have from another piece of software. Mainly I want it into Accordance for convenience and to use on my iPad. I am trying (and will be for life) to learn Russian, and it is very helpful to have this translation at hand. I need a more contemporary translation, like the SlovoZhizny or New Russian Translation, the old Russian Synodal would not be as good a help to me in trying to learn modern language usage.

Anyway, as to the text... The format is in the Verse Per Line format, and I have taken care of the required re-numbering of the Psalms and verses so that it lines up with standard KJV-type versification.

However, when I try to import the text I get the dreaded error about Too Many Paragraphs.

Despite searching the forum, and finding posts talking about the problem, I can't find any real information about just what "TOO MANY" means, so I have no way to know the best approach to reduce them, or even what criteria I have to reduce them to in order to get a successful import.

If I remove all the paragraph markers from my text before importing it, leaving in only <br> elements within verses, it will import fine. So this seems to tell me that versification and/or general text formatting is not a problem.

Also, the subheadings and some other reference notes are in the text. I was able to write a Ruby program to pull out the pure text into one VPL file, and then made a second file that has just the notes assigned to each verse. Unfortunately, only know do I realize that there is no way to import a User Notes file that ties notes to verses?  Is there really no way to do this?

Thanks for yoru help.

-Steve

P.S. As follow-up, I have been trying to find out how many paragraphs other versions have. Not an easy question. But I did a quick search in my text, and as a reference, it has 735 in Genesis, 12,321 total in the entire text.

Edited by SteveP

It would be nice if Accordance add the Russian Synodal Translation with Strong's from the Bob Jones University.

I know the issue of too many too. http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/16021-¶-mark-bug-in-user-bibles/?p=78328and one other but I can't find it.

I would love to see your request too.

Greetings

Fabian