iCloud syncing

josue.carames

Does anyone know if Accordance is working to implement the option to sync highlights, notes, etc. via the iCloud? I think that is a better option for Mac OS users... 

• Like 1

iCloud is unfortunately only supported on the Mac App Store version, as per Apple's limitations.  The percentage of our userbase currently running this version is not high enough for us to justify spending significant resources on iCloud syncing, when we can instead implement syncing that works on all platforms, Mac, Windows, iOS, and others.

For the record, with the introduction of Cloud Drive, both Windows desktop apps and non Mac App Store desktops apps are able to access and use iCloud storage.

• Like 1

If you do this, please keep dropbox as an option, at least for the time being. I've had numerous apps that use iCloud sync that are buggy as all get out and it doesn't seem to be their fault but actual sync bugs on iCloud's part. Actually 2 that I can think of that were so bad I had to switch away from using them. 

I've had issues with Dropbox syncing in the past being horribly unreliable, and iCloud Syncing isn't much better. I'm wondering if Accordance has looked into the option of rolling their own built-in sync service, but still using a cloud provider as the backend. Citrix has a very secure, enterprise grade solution that would handle this if Accordance was ever interested (plus now that I'm a Citrix partner, I could handle the referral and get some money to spend on Accordance modules with it). :-)