Does the ReadingPlan App URL Not Work as a Search?

Abram K-J

I've been using the ReadingPlan app, which supports a URL scheme so I can open an Accordance Mobile Bible of choice right from the reading plan in ReadingPlan.

However, this does not otherwise function as a typical Accordance Mobile search would. I.e., I never see the reading glasses, and so can never with a single tap get out of the passage ReadingPlan has taken me to to expand into longer readings if I want.

Is this expected behavior? Or do I need to phrase the syntax a different way? I'm using accord:///LXX1;read?ref=%@

What I have been hoping to do is have the URL callback function exactly as if I had searched for the ReadingPlan passage from within Accordance Mobile itself.

Below is what I see when I go from ReadingPlan to Accordance--just a back arrow, but no glasses.

post-31802-0-97214300-1436727657_thumb.png

Okay--got some offline clarification that it simply is not possible (whether using the old/still-supported or new URI scheme in Accordance) to have it function as a search that brings up the reading glasses. The back arrow is the inevitable outcome, however you write the syntax.

To report, though: I do get a consistent Accordance crash when I try to change the passage via the Go-To selector after I've opened Accordance Mobile from ReadingPlan. Easily reproducible.

To report, though: I do get a consistent Accordance crash when I try to change the passage via the Go-To selector after I've opened Accordance Mobile from ReadingPlan. Easily reproducible.

Thanks for reporting this. I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on Accordance Mobile 2.1. Can you please give me the exact steps you are doing to reproduce the crash? Additionally, what device and iOS version are you using?

Thanks

Dean, are you trying to reproduce specifically from ReadingPlan or a URI string? I get the crash every time (iPad mini and iPhone 5c, both latest iOS).

Here are the steps, though I don't really have anything more specific I can add to what I've already posted:

1. Open ReadingPlan

2. Click on a passage in a plan, with preferences set to open to Accordance (via URI--old or new doesn't matter... set to a specific Bible version)

3. Now you're in the Accordance Mobile passage

4. Use the Go-To selector (is that what it's called? verse selector at top left) to try to navigate elsewhere

5. Accordance Mobile crashes

I tried the same steps but using Launch Centre Pro, on an iPhone 4s running iOS 8.4.

1. Open Launch, click to go to iAccord.

2. Type Ps 1 into dialog box.

3. iAccord opens to Ps 1, no trouble.

4. Use GoTo to attempt to go to Proverbs.

5. When I hit "Go To" after choosing Proverbs, iAccord crashed.

I realize step 4 will not get me to Prov because of how things are set up. But I get the same results if I use Launch Centre to open iAccord to Psalms and then try to use the Go To menu to take me to Ps 8.