How to highlight search results in parallel (translated) texts and summarize the translations

Susan

I’m sure this is covered in the help pages, but I’m having trouble finding it. I’m trying to do two related tasks:

1. Highlight search results from a Greek/Hebrew search in the parallel English translation (in addition to the original). I know the English is tagged by key #, so I’m pretty sure Accordance “knows” which English words are translating which Greek/Hebrew words (roughly). I would like to see the translated words highlighted in red next to my Greek/Hebrew results highlighted thusly.

2. Generate a table (or however it can be displayed) summarizing how a particular (tagged) English translation renders a particular lemma (or search result). I would like to see the number of times it is rendered by various English words.

Are these tasks possible? If so, could someone explain how or direct me to the appropriate help pages?

Thank you!

Hi, Susan!

#1 Is an interesting idea. I don't know that anyone has ever proposed it. Let us think on it awhile.

#2 is definitely possible now, though I think you are asking for several different things at once (if I've understood you correctly):

If you search for a Key Number,  Analysis will provide a list of English words used to translate it.

If you search for an English word in a Key Number tagged translation, Analysis will provide a list of Key Numbers (and OL words) that it translates.

Ah, thank you for #2. I’m not sure I’ve ever searched an English text directly, so I wasn’t even thinking about starting there. That does exactly what I’m looking for though. 

Should #1 be posted as a feature request, or is this sufficient for y’all to know I’m interested? 

Thanks again for your prompt reply! 

Hi, Susan!

I thought your idea was intriguing enough that I posted it under "Staff Requests." That forum is only available to Accordance staff, so you won't see it, but it is there.