MOUNCE’S COMPLETE EXPOSITORY DICTIONARY as Greek Key Number instant detail

Kiwi Ross

Hello all,

I just watched Lighting the Lamp #113 and at 8:30 Dr J suggests setting Mounce's Expository OT/NT Dictionary as the Greek Key Number default for instant details.

As it is currently on sale, I went and added it to my library but it is not appearing in the drop-down list of available modules in Preferences -> Amplify.

Does anyone know how to set it?

I'm using Windows version if that makes any difference.

Thanks a lot,

Ross

Hi, Ross!

I actually recommend using the Mounce Greek Dictionary and the Kohlenderger/Mounce Hebrew dictionaries as defaults. Both have links to the larger articles in the Mounce Expository Dictionary. That way you can get quick information from the shorter lexicons in Instant Details with a command+hover (Mac) or Cntrl+hover (PC). Check to see there is a article hypertext link at the bottom of the definition. If there is, triple-click the word to open the lexicon, then click on the link to open the Mounce Expository Dictionary.  It's the links between these tools that make the MED so valuable.

Dr j,

Please correct me if i have not understood this, But i think it works on iOS as well though via amplify word and not via key number I tried this on abide john 15:7

Hi, Fraser!

Yes, it certainly does, if it is at the top of your English Tools library category.

Hi, Ross!

I actually recommend using the Mounce Greek Dictionary and the Kohlenderger/Mounce Hebrew dictionaries as defaults. Both have links to the larger articles in the Mounce Expository Dictionary. That way you can get quick information from the shorter lexicons in Instant Details with a command+hover (Mac) or Cntrl+hover (PC). Check to see there is a article hypertext link at the bottom of the definition. If there is, triple-click the word to open the lexicon, then click on the link to open the Mounce Expository Dictionary.  It's the links between these tools that make the MED so valuable.

Thanks for the quick reply Timothy and I see my error.

Now for my next error...

When I try to follow your instructions above, I triple click the word, which opens Mounce Greek Dictionary.

Then I click the "MOUNCE" link (beside the little pointing hand) and instead of opening Mounce Expository Dictionary, it opens Mounce Reverse Interlinear.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ross,

Forgive the ios screenshot but you will notice that everything by the hand are translations so mounce is taking you to the translation if you have it installed, (and not the dictionary)

Cf this with the Hebrew equivent with different translations listed

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Ah, that's because the finger is pointing to searches in each of the translations listed!

What you want are articles with fuller explanations. They are indicated with an arrow pointing to a word in italics. If present, these occur before the pointing finger. See the screenshot below.

post-29215-0-65491700-1438344865_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Got it!

Thanks a lot for the assitance Timothy and ukfraser.

• Like 1

If you hover over each pointer they also explain what the following links do. Sorry for any confusion.