Purchasing Packages

grj

I recently purchased my first Mac computer. Now I need to by bible software. In Windows I used Logos, but do not see much hope for a near delivery date for Mac Logos. Therefore I want to purchase Accordance. However, I am a little confused by the packaging scheme. First, let me say due to spending all of my money on my MacBook, I will be buying one of the cheapest ways to get in.

What are the differences between the Library 7 and Scholar's editions (not considering included modules since each edition has various configurations)?

If I were to purchase the Scholar's CDROM set can I add the modules included in the Scholar's Core (or All Scholar's) package as I can afford them?

Thanks,

grj

It really all depends on what you'll be using Accordance to do. If you'll primarily be working with English Bible texts and study aids, start with one of the levels of the Library CD-ROM. You can use the Bible texts with Strong's numbers to do some basic original language study even with the $79 Introductory Level.

If you really need to work with the original Greek and Hebrew texts directly, then the Scholar's Collection is the place to start. The modules on the Scholar's can all be unlocked on an individual basis, but you'll save money if you go with some of the bundles available. We've tried to avoid one-size-fits-all packages so that you can buy what you need without having to buy a lot of things you don't. The other nice thing is that you can always go up to the next level or unlock additional modules without paying a penalty for not buying all at once.

I hope this helps. Give us a little more info on the kind of study you'll be doing, and we can give you more specific purchasing advice.

If I buy one of the Library 7 packages, I can later upgrade to one of the Scholar's packages without taking a beating?

Thanks,

grj

As David said, it would be helpful to know what you will be doing with Accordance. You could purchase the Library Packages and it will not affect what you pay for the Scholar's Level later since they contain different resources. That way you wouldn't be paying for any of the same resources twice (although I think there is some kind of grace period in case that were to happen, Helen or David might be able to better explain that). Let us know what your goals are with Accordance if you get time.

Part of my difficulty is at present, I do not know the original languages. Hope to start learning greek later this year. My short term goal is simply to use Accordance as a study aid with English text. Long term I hope to use it to help me with more in depth studies as I learn the languages.

Thanks,

grj

We do bend over backwards to be fair, so...

If you start with the downloadable program for $39 with the free Starter modules, that price is applied at any time to any one of the primary collections, mainly Library 7 or Scholar's 7.

If you get Library 7 Intro level $79 you can upgrade without penalty to Standard or Premier level, but if you get individual unlocks or groups from the Library 7, you can credit towards a level that includes those items only for the three month grace period.

On Scholar's 7 you can pay just for the program and CD, and get credit for these towards the Core Bundle. You have the three month grace period to apply credit for individual unlocks or packages like the GNT-T add-on towards the Core Bundle.

In general, our purchase "levels" and Core Bundle offer significant savings over putting together a similar package piece by piece. So, if you can work towards getting one of these within the grace period, you will get the most "bang for your buck."

It really is best to call the office and talk to one of our sales staff. They are skilled at explaining the options and helping you save as much as possible.

One more question, then I will be done. Do I have to install all modules included in a package or can I choose what modules to install?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

If you purchase a bundle and use the bundle for the installer, it will install everything in that bundle.

That said, it's very easy to delete anything you don't want cluttering up your menu or your hard disk.

I would reiterate what Helen said... calling their sales people is tremendous help. They have no interest in getting you to buy alot right now to make money. They clearly operate under the method of really identifying the best fit for your current and future needs (and make a killing off of you in the long run as a satisfied customer!). :P

Joe

Hi Gary:

Welcome to the Mac world :D and soon to the Accordance world B). As for Accordance, whichever base set you start with you can always add modules.

Here is a link to a very helpful website on selecting the right combinations:

http://anduril.ca/bible/accordance-6.html

Coming from other packages to Accordance takes a little shift in the way you look at them. In a previous post, I likened the selection/purchasing process with Accordance to the way one builds their personal book library (selectively and over time). I came from BibleWorks and it was a shift in thinking at first.

The primary difference between Library and Scholar's is that Scholar's focuses on original languages as opposed to English study.

I would highly recommend taking a look at the above page reference by the link (http://anduril.ca/bible/accordance-6.html). It really helped me narrow down what I needed and then I built my library over time as I needed additional references or was substituting Accordance modules for printed versions.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Archived