Crashing in Windows 10

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

I spent about ten minutes matching my Acc preferences on my W10 Home computer to the ones on my W10 Pro. Now, when I start Acc I get the splash screen, even though I unchecked it, but more importantly, the program is totally unresponsive – if I click anything and everything, nothing happens; when I hover nothing happens. Here are a couple of screenshots.

post-32543-0-85772700-1439776865_thumb.png

post-32543-0-52659300-1439776454_thumb.png

[Edit: It reminds me of when Orly said, " Acc 11 just quits after initial startup of the main app," at http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/15011-acc-wont-install-in-xp/?do=findComment&comment=73453 ]

I have to exit in the Task Manager with End Task. I've tried restarting a few times. It seems to be caught in a loop.

I also noticed all day on both computers that the splash screen popped up on its own at various times while I was using it, and I had to press Continue to keep working.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Hi,

I found a way to fix it. I deleted the file  c:/Users/Michel/AppData/Local/Accordance/Accordance Preferences/ Startup session

When I reopened Acc was responsive, and all of my Preferences were preserved. When I checked the file path again Acc had added a new Startup session file.

Regards,

Michel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

Since you have installed Accordance on two Windows machines (one running W10 Home, and the other W10 Pro), is there a way to share preferences and workspaces between the two?

Can I just share one folder on DropBox (or preferably OneDrive where I have a higher storage limit) and share my settings between the two machines?

I'm trying to make it function similarly to how Logos 6 would work when changing layouts on either my Windows 7 Pro laptop or my Windows 10 Atom tablet (both which use 16:9 ratio screens).

Thanks,

sChen

Hi sChen,

I don't know of a way to do this. I've never synced Acc, and the Syncing settings don't mention preferences. Perhaps you could copy the whole Accordance Preferences folder to your other computer. But I would wait and see what someone from Acc staff says.

I hope someone can give you a definitive answer. You could also post your question under General Accordance Topics or Windows Wisdom so more members will see it.

Btw, my ASUS i3 x64 with W10 Home on it died (BIOS, motherboard, someone spilled on the keyboard), and I also reverted back to W8.1 on my Dell. So I won't be able to test or confirm anything for you.

Regards,

Michel