Back to School: COMMENTARIES!

R. Mansfield

Mmmh... What I don't like is, if I go through the release dates of the volumes is that some released over 25 years ago. The same in many other multi volume titles. This is definitely to old to reference in papers. The price are to high in this case, for not being more valuable for writhing papers than a public domain commentary reference, which I can find without cost in the internet.  

The publishers have to update their modules. Tell them...

Greetings

Fabian

Back to School Savings continue! This week get the biblical COMMENTARIES you need at incredible savings!

Sale prices on the above offerings are good through August 24, 2015 (11:59 PM EDT) and cannot be combined with any other discounts.

See the Accordance Blog for more information.

If and when the 2015 Comfort's commentary becomes available in Accordance, will there be a free update or at least a reduced price for anyone who would like to update to the 2015 new edition having already this 2008 edition? Thank you!

Free upgrade? I belive not, because in hardcopy you have to pay the full price for the new version. 

Reduced price is more likely in the sense of the publisher and of Accordance and what I expect.

Greetings

Fabian

If and when the 2015 Comfort's commentary becomes available in Accordance, will there be a free update or at least a reduced price for anyone who would like to update to the 2015 new edition having already this 2008 edition? Thank you!

Comfort's A Commentary on the Manuscripts and Texts of the New Testament (2015, Kregal) is not the same as Comfort's ​New Testament Text & Translation Commentary (2008, Tyndale). These are two separate volumes from two different publishers. They are complementary, but the 2015 volume does not replace the one from 2008.

Comfort's 2008 volume interacts a lot with English translations and the choices that were made. Comfort's 2015 book focuses more on the differences between the various manuscripts. It's more akin to Metzger's Textual Commentary, but really not quite the same as that either as Comfort's 2015 commentary does not focus on the final choice of the GNT committee like Metzger's does.

For reference, here is a screenshot comparing treatment of Mark 1:2 in both of Comfort's works (the 2015 commentary is in PDF form on the left) as well as Metzger's. This might give you a sense of of the differences among the three volumes, as well as how they can be used at together to study the same passage. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.48.55 PM.png

• Like 4

Hello Rick

Thanks for your explanation.

Greetings

Fabian

Comfort's A Commentary on the Manuscripts and Texts of the New Testament (2015, Kregal) is not the same as Comfort's ​New Testament Text & Translation Commentary (2008, Tyndale). These are two separate volumes from two different publishers. They are complementary, but the 2015 volume does not replace the one from 2008.

Comfort's 2008 volume interacts a lot with English translations and the choices that were made. Comfort's 2015 book focuses more on the differences between the various manuscripts. It's more akin to Metzger's Textual Commentary, but really not quite the same as that either as Comfort's 2015 commentary does not focus on the final choice of the GNT committee like Metzger's does.

For reference, here is a screenshot comparing treatment of Mark 1:2 in both of Comfort's works (the 2015 commentary is in PDF form on the left) as well as Metzger's. This might give you a sense of of the differences among the three volumes, as well as how they can be used at together to study the same passage. 

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-13 at 3.48.55 PM.png

Thank you so much for the clarification. I truly appreciate it.