How to "Show Full Text" while searching Dictionaries?

pandakruon

Hello,

When I have a "Research" tab open and I'm searching "Dictionaries," and I have the "Show Full Text" option selected (which is located on the right side, toward the top),

why is it not showing the full text of the articles? 

It definitely shows more than when I have "Show Excerpts" selected, but still not the full text of the dictionary articles.

For example, if I search for Solomon, and I select the entry in the Anchor Bible Dictionary, it shows the title "Solomon" and down through "L. Summary," but then skips to "D. Solomon's Succession." This is clearly not the full text of the ABD entry on Solomon — and you can see what's missing if you hover over the entry and select "Open."

Any help is appreciated!

The sub-articles are probably throwing it off, and anyway they are really long. Surely it's better to open the tool in another tab. The intention is to show you enough to know whether you want to read the article.

Thanks Helen,

My feeling is that the articles aren't really that long — and that "Full Text" should simply do what it says it will do, while "Show Excerpt" should, as you say, "show you enough to know whether you want to read the article."

As it currently stands, "Show Excerpt" shows an excerpt; "Show Full Text" shows a larger excerpt, but it doesn't show the full text.

Another problem with "Show Full Text" as it currently functions, is that you can't always tell where or when sections of the full article have been cut out.