How to print/export an article/entry (and only one)

mortenjensen

Hi all,

When I try to print an article in dictionary or so, Accordance starts to print the entire book. Is it possible to print/export as PDF only one entry at a time? How?

Thanks

Morten

You can simply select the article you want and then Print selection.

For large articles you can open the Table of Contents and option-click on the title you want to print, to select that as a range. You set the display to show text as articles, and you search for all the titles in the range with the double wildcard ?*. Then you can export just that entire article.

Thanks for the tip Helen... I'll try this tonight.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your answer. I am, though, not sure, I understand you:

- If I option-click on an entry in Table of Contents, that entry is marked by a red vertical line. But when I cmd-p, Accordance still tries to print the entire book. 

- If I manually mark, what I want to print/export as PDF, is there a way to avoid to copy it into a word processor in order to print just that/save as pdf? Accordance still tries to print the entire book. 

What I would like is to find a way to easy print/export just selected text - either selected by option-click in Table of contents or manually. Preferably with a print-dialogue box that allows you to export as PDF.

Is that possible?

Morten

If you use the Table of Contents to select the section, you must also limit the search and display to that section, as I said above.

If you select the text in the pane that you want to print, then you can print directly with Print Selection.

On Mac every print dialog gives you the option to print to or save to PDF (unless the program has made that an export option, which Accordance has not). I do not know how Windows prints to PDF.

Thanks, Helen. But you loose me on "ou set the display to show text as articles" - how is this step performed? I do not see such an option anywhere.

Morten

You set the display to show text as articles, and you search for all the titles in the range with the double wildcard ?*.

Show Text As is in the gear menu, top right of the tool pane on a Mac, on the left on Windows.

Thanks, now I got it.

It does come across a bit too many steps in my opinion. Would it not be possible to include a "print article" to the alternative menu in the Paragraph view - where you have the other options such as Expand levels etc?

I guess many would appreciate an easy way to print and export articles.

Morten

The problem is that an article is not easily defined, as there can be many levels of subarticles, especially in the complex commentaries.

• Like 1