Word Biblical Commentary Sale & Update

R. Mansfield

For the entire month of September, the Word Biblical Commentary will be on sale for $9.99 per volume. This is a great time to add or update the WBC series to your Accordance Library.

Moreover, we have updated our previous 58-volume WBC modules to the full 62-volume set of all installments currently available from the publisher. This includes not only new volumes, but revised editions as well. 

Upgrades are available from the old set to the new. WBC volumes may be purchased individually at $9.99 each if you do not want the entire set. 

Get full information at "WBC Update and Sale" on the Accordance Blog.

• Like 1

:) I can hardly wait for my upgrade to be processed!!!!!! Fabulous sale, thank you!

-Dan

:) I can hardly wait for my upgrade to be processed!!!!!! Fabulous sale, thank you!

-Dan

me too! (I sorta wished I had waited on buying the Judges commentary, would have saved me $25). 

• Like 1

me too! (I sorta wished I had waited on buying the Judges commentary, would have saved me $25). 

For what it's worth, when we released the Judges volume we did not know the publisher was going to drop the prices for this sale.

For what it's worth, when we released the Judges volume we did not know the publisher was going to drop the prices for this sale.

Not complaining, I got the use of it. 

I am thankful for the sale as it made the upgrade price cheaper than it would have been otherwise. 

The worst thing is that in October the price of the WBC goes up, I am not saying it is not worth the new price, just disappointing that it is happening. $1,499 is getting to the point where I would almost say pass on this set.

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

I'm very excited about this offer.  Looking forward to the updated volumes and to Judges as well.  Have you heard anything from the publisher about a timetable for Acts and 1 Corinthians?

I would love to know too Mike,  I would be surprised if they had any info, Best Commentaries has some information but no release dates:

Word Biblical Commentary

Series Description
The Word Biblical Commentary delivers the best in biblical scholarship, from the leading scholars of our day who share a commitment to Scripture as divine revelation. This series emphasizes a thorough analysis of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological evidence. The result is judicious and balanced insight into the meanings of the text in the framework of biblical theology. These widely acclaimed commentaries serve as exceptional resources for the professional theologian and instructor, the seminary or university student, the working minister, and everyone concerned with building theologicalunderstanding from a solid base of biblical scholarship.

Responsibility for this commentary series has recently passed to Zondervan Academic.

Current Old Testament Editor: Nancy deClaissé-WalfordCurrent New Testament Editor: Peter H. Davids

Forthcoming

2015 Gorman, Frank H. Numbers 

? Stuart, Douglas Micah - Malachi (rev. ed.)

? Walton, Steve Acts 1-14

? Walton, Steve Acts 15-28

? Clarke, Andrew D. 1 Corinthians

2015 Arnold, Clinton E. Colossians

2015 Kim, Seyoon; Bruce, F. F. 1 & 2 Thessalonians

2015 Bauckham, Richard J. 2 Peter and Jude Revision

Edited by Dan Francis

I'm very excited about this offer.  Looking forward to the updated volumes and to Judges as well.  Have you heard anything from the publisher about a timetable for Acts and 1 Corinthians?

The publisher is not giving any specific info on when these will be finished, and subsequently published.

Endorsement: Steve Walton

Mentions he is working on a major commentary on Acts.... After seeing the clip and having him speak about how easy it is to bring up everything he needs I  thought to myself oh my it;s Accordances fault we don't have the commentary he has too much information to digest....  ;) But it is nice to hear it is being worked on and that 3 months of research is doable with Accordance in 3 minutes. When I noticed the link at the bottom of the WBC sale page I thought I would share it here...

-Dan

FYI are sales not able to see our installed files???? I had purchased the WBC at a used book store many years ago, I have installed it successfully and my iOS devices recognize my ownership. I received an email asking me for a image of the disc, but I am not even sure if I could find it as we had been told by someone (I think Helen) that there was no reason to keep old CDs/DVDs if the files were downloadable. Oh well worse case scenario i can't get my upgrade  :unsure:

-Dan

EDIT:

PS: Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:20 AM

I see no reason to keep these disks. Even older disks (Accordance <6) may have modules which we no longer offer for download as they are obsolete, or replaced by newer versions, or we no longer have a license for them. However, anything of real value should be available for upgrade and Easy Install.

PPS: Proof of ownership accepted!!!!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Dan Francis

It states that they are possible to individually purchase for $10? I can't work out how to purchase the one on the second half of Jeremiah, I can only find a link for purchasing both Jeremiah books for $20.  Am I missing something?

(I don't actually need both, just a small section of the second book).

how can we Proof ownership of the old wbc 58 set which was on a CD? I got rid of all my cds and DVDs at the Time i bought a Mac without optical Drive... Any help?

If you purchased a CD you can send us a picture of the disk, or a receipt as proof of purchase. Failing that you can try to convince us by email that it was a legitimate purchase. I'm afraid that unless it was clearly unopened, a used or secondhand CD is hardly proof as it could be registered to and installed by the original user.

Yes, where there are several volumes on one Bible book, we have combined them into a single module, but at these sale prices you cannot complain.

Interesting that accordance offeres lots of very good commentaries and sets but wbc seems to generate a flurry of threads. Personally i was impressed with wbc when i first came across it and it is still my go to commentary set...

• Like 1

Does the upgrade to the 62-vol set include the updated Psalms?

NIB is my goto but WBC is usually in my top 3 or 4 of ones to consult (Interpretation and Westminster Bible Companion series fill out my top 4).

-Dan

VOLUME 19

PSALMS 1–50
Second Edition

VOLUME 20 
PSALMS 51–100
MARVIN E. TATE

VOLUME 21 
PSALMS 101–150, REVISED
LESLIE C. ALLEN

-Dan

Good call dan, i have a few westminster bible companions in hard copy. Back on bruggermannn which is in another thread. Though i also have the song of songs one. ;o)

Does the upgrade to the 62-vol set include the updated Psalms?

VOLUME 19

PSALMS 1–50
Second Edition

VOLUME 20 
PSALMS 51–100
MARVIN E. TATE

VOLUME 21 
PSALMS 101–150, REVISED
LESLIE C. ALLEN

-Dan

Jonathan, as Dan has posted, two of the three Psalms volumes are the revised versions. However, to further clarify, Volume 19 (2004) is the only one that is different in the 62-set. The Revised Volume 21 (2002) was already available in the 58-set.

• Like 1

I got the WBC 62 upgrade but I notice that the display names of the WBC 58 and WBC 62 are the same in the library viewer and also in the pane/tab names.

Is anyone else having this experience?

I find it unworkable.

Dave

Dave, I deleted the older WBC-58. 

I think that the names need to include a version number or something like that.

I confess that I am confused about what I actually using in a session.

Dave, I deleted the older WBC-58. 

Tony,

Agree that would work however I prefer to keep it on hand.

Dave