Text "Browser"

Brent Lawrence

As a newcomer to Accordance this may be a question you have already answered, but I'm just curious why it is that the text modules don't have an optional "Browser" feature like reference modules where you can navigate to a specific book of the Bible without typing or going to the bottom and clicking through the Book/Chapter/Verse selections. I'm sure there's a good reason.

I guess it is because you can use the Go To box in the bottom right corner to enter a reference and jump to it. Since most users know their way around the Bible, that has seemed to work well. Tools are each structured differently which makes the browser helpful (as well as useful to limit searches, display, and printing to just selected articles).

The Go To box in tools also lets you enter the name of the entry, if you know it. Pressing the tab key selects the entire entry box, pressing it again selects the Go To box so you can enter the desired location.

Thanks for your reply. Just goes to show you how new I am to Accordance, I hadn't yet noticed the Go To box. Since I know my way around the Bible, this is not a problem and I certainly understand about the different structures of tools. The more I use Accordance, the more I like it. It's powerful and fast.

Archived