Split Screen in iOS?

rkbishop

I'm considering getting an iPad that will allow for iOS 9 feature of split screen. I'm imagining having my notes for a lesson open in Pages and the text open alongside it in Accordance. Does anyone know how well this is working?

• Like 1

You can currently open another app via *Slide Over* alongside Accordance, but not the other way around. We're working on official Split View support for 2.3.

*edited for accuracy

post-5629-0-99603000-1442587915_thumb.png

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 2

This is not Split Screen, it's the Slide-over feature. Split screen requires newer hardware than I have to test. Perhaps the developers can comment.

This is not Split Screen, it's the Slide-over feature. Split screen requires newer hardware than I have to test. Perhaps the developers can comment.

Helen, are you saying Rick's example is Slide Over? Will iOS get the Split Screen, or am I misinformed?

I'm just wondering about how useful the new functionality is to help determine if it's time to upgrade my iPad 2.

Helen, are you saying Rick's example is Slide Over? Will iOS get the Split Screen, or am I misinformed?

I'm just wondering about how useful the new functionality is to help determine if it's time to upgrade my iPad 2.

Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post. Official Split View support is being worked on for 2.3.

I don't think any other Bible software has Split View or Slide Over as of yet. To be clear, as Rick said, Accordance Mobile allows you to Slide Over another app, but Accordance would have to program in support so that you could be in another app first (say, Pages), and then access Accordance via Slide Over (to look up a quick verse, e.g.).

And then Split View is its own thing, related to but separate from Slide Over.

No idea what the programming entails, but would love to see support for both ways of accessing the app.

Edited by Abram K-J

• 1 month later...

Any update on when split-screen support will be available? Seems like I saw a screen shot of an OS Beta on an iPad Pro and Accordance was split-screen.

• Like 1

Any update on when split-screen support will be available? Seems like I saw a screen shot of an OS Beta on an iPad Pro and Accordance was split-screen.

Yes, it is the first post in this thread.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/17186-accordance-on-ipad-pro/

Helen,

Thank you for the update. I've been using the iPad Pro for about a week now and I look forward to maximzing the Accordance App.

Ross