Accordance on iPad Mini crashes on opening

menkor

I just upgraded my iPad Mini 2 to iOS 9. Now, when I open Accordance (latest version for iPad), it appears to close.  However, when I double tap the Home button to show running apps, it shows Accordance is running. If I select it to open, it does and then closes all over again. Tried doing a hard re-boot, didn't change anything. Any suggestions? (I updated iOS to 9.0 on my iPhone, and can open Accordance on that, with no problem.)

Please go to the Settings and scroll down to Accordance. There you can remove the Startup session, among other options. That should fix the crash.

You can try the other options in Settings, but I am sure someone wiser than me will have more ideas.

I have experienced something similar with iOS 9 on iPhone 5c, albeit with other apps. It was an issue with the App Store--when you find Accordance Mobile there, is it stuck in update mode?

Well, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, along with all related tools, texts, etc. that did it. Only took two hours ( using wifi in hotel room - slow!). That did it. Thanks, Abram, for the hint!

• Like 1

Glad that helped! iOS 9 was supposed to be the one with multiple bug fixes, but I've only really seen new bugs in it, of which what you describe is one, I think. :/

menkor, FWIW, I just had the exact same scenario happen again (iPhone 5c) with OmniFocus. Definitely an issue from Apple's end.

• Like 1

Seems that iOS 9 is affecting several apps as far as crashing. Here's a post by CNET http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-customers-complain-of-apps-crashing-with-ios-9-update/. I haven't been able to reproduce any crashes, so hopefully Apple will put out an update soon and we'll know for sure if the issue is on our end. I am almost certain it's something to do with iOS 9, but I will continue to look into it on our end in the mean time.

Chris

• Like 1

I saw something on MacRumors, about bad xCode software from Apple.  This seems to be causing the problem.  (Developers are using the xCode in creating their apps.) Supposedly, Apple is screening apps in their App Store to isolate bad programs.  Solution seems to be to reinstall problem software.  Wish I could be more definitive ...