Running OSX 10.4.9
Junk fonts in Anchor
Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:50 AM
Running OSX 10.4.9
Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:28 AM
The other way to go is to fix it "by hand" in Font Book. In your screen shot, you have "computer" selected in the upper left box. You need to select "All Fonts" in that box. Then go to Rosetta and click the flippy triangle so you can see Bold, Bold, Italic, etc. You should see two or more entries for each Rosetta "sub-fonts" (e.g. two or more Bold). Make sure the pane all the way to the right is set for "show font info" (it is in our screen shot) and check the location of each duplicate font. You want to Disable any fonts that are not in Library/Fonts/. Most frequently for me, my duplicates show up in Users/Lorinda/Library/Fonts, and I have to disable them. (To disable a font, select it, then under the Edit menu choose "Disable")
Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.11 (El Capitan)
iOS 9 (iPad & iPhone)
[Vista Home Premium before 3/20/2016]
Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:18 AM
In Font Book under "all fonts" it just lists bold, italic, bolditalic, plain. It says "Duplicate: yes", but I don't know what I'm supposed to disable. I don't see two of Bold for example.
Under User, or under Users/<name>/Library/Fonts there isn't any Rosetta files.
Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:25 AM
Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:05 AM
Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:26 AM
First make sure that in FontBook your Rosetta appears exactly like Robb's. That is, the Location line reads Library/fonts/Rosetta.famTrueType for every style. If it has a different font there, delete Rosetta from FontBook and reinstall Accordance 7.2.1.
If FontBook is truly accessing only the correct font, try removing Anchor from Arrange Modules, click Update, and then add it back again.
If all this fails, please call for tech support. You can ask for me.
Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:02 AM
Reran font fixer 7.1. Didn't help. Reinstalled Accordance 7.2.1, didn't help. Reran Font Book after reinstalling, and it looks identical to the above screen shots.
It also seems to affect ISBE (pic attached), so I presume it isn't something specific to Anchor.
See if you can think of anything else to try before I resort to an international phone call. (Might be a good idea if you published a Skype user id for support).
Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:53 AM
I had a similar problem after installing some modules with older installs. Even though the 5.7 or later installs work to install modules, I find that in some cases they leave some OS 9 fonts on the disk. Mac OS X is really smart and locates the OS 9 or other fonts and puts them in its font subsystem, "just in case".
Here's some steps to try. You'll need to do them in order. This is how I solved my problem.
1) Remove all the Accordance fonts from FontBook
2) Search and remove all Accordance fonts from the file system. If you see any that are "bitmap" or "postscript" fonts delete them too. They will usually only be in <some long directory path>/font[s]
Accord* (Obviously only delete "font" "fon" "FFIL" "TTF" files)
--- Make sure of this. I have had a case where the font subsystem was using an OS 9 version of the font, even though I had deleted from Font Book. Font Book does not always delete the font file.
3) After you are sure that all Accordance Fonts are gone: reboot
4) Run Font Book and make sure they are gone. Run your word processor (Mellel, NeoOffice or Word) and make sure they don't show in the font list.
5) Run Disk Utility and verify/fix permissions on your disk--- I had a couple program fail install because of this.
6) Reinstall 7.2.1 (The Accordance program only-- I assume that the modules are all installed and you're only running the 7.2.1 install; if you run an older install to install modules, you'll need to go to step 1).
7) Reboot (I know, feels like Windows again...)
8) Check Font Book for any duplicates-- any there? If so, you'll need to call Tech Support.
9) Try ABD does it work? No, try the following...
10) What locale are you using? It may not matter for most of the Accordance modules, but maybe for a few. I don't know, but you could set it to "US"
11) Try Anchor now. Any problems? You'll need to call Tech Support
Hope this helps.
Edited by RPat, 19 June 2007 - 11:57 AM.
Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:28 PM
Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:12 AM
Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:32 AM
Glad I could help! Have a great rest of you week.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users