Mac OSX 10.11 "El Capitan"

Wazza

I've just installed Mac OSX 10.11 "El Capitan", this morning. Accordance 11.0.8 runs very well on this new Mac System. 

• Like 5

Glad to hear it! From what I can tell, it seems that Apple have fully redeemed themselves with El Capitan (except that they've retained the same lackluster interface from Yosemite). I'm usually wary with big OS upgrades, but if everything keeps working as well as it does now, I'll probably upgrade from Mavericks in a week or so to improve my machine's overall performance - after doing the necessary backup. You can never be too careful with these things.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

I'm very happy with EC, many bugs are away :)

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I have an annoying problem after the update, which I am not sure, what to do about: I had an Accordance Workspace open (version 10.4). Then I updated to El Capitan and when I reopened Accordance, everything worked fine – except that every two minutes or so I get this message:

The location of the file "Autosaved Session 2015-10-02 at 11.38.43" has changed (or it has been deleted since  Accordance accessed this file the last time.

What can I do about this?

– Johs

Johs - try this: go to file/austosave sessions / go bottom of list and clear sessions.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 2

Split View does work, but it is not yet enabled for Accordance. Several people on this forum have recommended BetterSnapTool (available on the Mac app store). It does work with Accordance—and has roughly the same function.

I use Bettersnaptool too, but I prefer the on board tools. To minimize the complexity.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I've been trying Split View with Firefox. Given up on it really and now just use BST for everything.

I don't know if Split View can remember window layout across application shutdowns - specifically machine reboots - if it does and if it requires code then it would be worth doing in Accordance. But every time I reboot I have to fix it which is a bit fiddly compared to BST. You also lose visibility of the tool bars and dock which on a small screen (laptop) might be good but on a big screen buys you very little and you lose the other utilities. Split View needs work yet I feel.

Thx

D

• 7 months later...

In case anyone missed it, Accordance now works with El Capitan Split View mode in v. 11.2 released yesterday.

• Like 3

Split view! Wow wow!  Updating now. Thanks!