Classical and Hellenistic Greek Works

csapaugh

Classic Greek Texts  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps Accordance could provide some classic Greek works. This would aid New Testament scholars and would open up Accordance to a larger audience - those studying Classics. The Perseus library online is helpful, but searchable, Accordance modules would be very helpful. These resources would go great with the classical Greek lexicons that Accordance already provides.

I can't find the exact thread at the moment, but it's been stated here in the forums that eventually the Perseus texts will be available in Accordance. There's no date for when that will happen. 

In the meantime, in lexicons that refer to classical texts, if the title is available in Accordance, it will open the title from the Accordance Library. But if it's not available, it will open the page on the Perseus website.

So in the example I have images for below, I clicked on a reference for the Illiad in the LSJ, and it opened to that point on the Perseus website. 

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 11.01.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 11.04.34 AM.png

Here's the link to Rick's post regarding this : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/10033-noet-classics-modules-etc/?do=findComment&comment=46201and a status update from a year ago : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/10033-noet-classics-modules-etc/?do=findComment&comment=67596.

And yes I would like to see more Greek available. I don't really have specific authors in mind. A good spread of language is what interests me most. Any or all of the above would be great.

Thx

D

• Like 1

The poll is set up that you have to select a greek author despite voting no. This means the authors is not a true representation.

Yes Perseus or the TLG were cool.

The TLL from de Gruyter are unfortunately too expensive for me.

Greetings

Fabian

I think that would be too expensive for most of is, Fabian. But we can dream : )

A hearty "Yes" to the question of classical Greek texts in Accordance. For me, 5th century BCE and earlier would be preferred, but I will be interested in any classical Greek texts available, and in any dialect.