MT-LXX Analysis Data

Brian W. Davidson

Having trouble figuring out how to do this. Any help? 

post-32384-0-71159300-1446561846_thumb.png

You must own the MT-LXX Parallel tool (not just the interlinear!), the tagged hebrew bible, and a tagged LXX.  Then, run your search in either the Hebrew Bible or LXX.  Open the Analysis analytic (from the bar chart looking menu to the left of 'Add Parallel').  Customize the analysis display via Command-T, and drag and drop the MT-LXX item into your first column.

You need to go the the display menu when in the analysis and drop the MT/LXX tag below the lemma. You can then set this to be used as the default display for the analysis window if you want.

• Like 1

OK, it was that last step, the setup one, I was was missing. Thanks.

• Like 1

Every little bit helps in making the LXX text analysis more efficient. On a somewhat related note: The analysis window could be helped by limiting the scroll to just the content in the window. At present, I scroll down just the little bit, I go way beyond the content I'm trying to view.

On a directly related note: It would be helpful if we could take the HITS found in one column of the MT-LXX Tool and merge them into a tagged text. Then a simple analysis window from that the tagged text would give any and all information needed. Right now, my work around to get lemmas and not just inflected forms, is to arrange the string of text in quotes and put them in a tagged text search box.

Just some thoughts.