11.1 user tool edit issues

Ken Han

1. When editing user tool content, the existing hierarchy markers in the margin do not move with the headings they are associated with if more text is added above the heading.

2. Often attempting to save user tool edit fails with a plank error window, but the issue appears to be scripture links present in the user tool. Although the links were fine, and no changes were made to them, they are highlighted as problems and the edits cannot be saved.

These issues were present during beta testing, and were reported.

I have this same issue.  If I link to any Scripture at all the user tool will NOT save.  This happens every time. This only started happening when I upgraded to 11.1.

Edited by dirrimp

I am having the same problem.  When I am adding new content between material, the hierarchy for what comes below this new content does not follow properly and the links, either scriptures or paths to files, are all messed up.

Alain+

• 2 weeks later...

FYI...just got off the phone with tech support and 11.1.1 came out Monday night and it solves this problem.  I updated and now have no issues with this. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the hierarchy marker issue on 11.1.1 on Windows. Any fix coming out?

Before you call tech support, try using Auto-link to correct any existing problems. See if that will allow you to save your edits.

I have noticed some issues with the user tool editing. I have the latest version of Accordance running on Mac, El Capitan.

I have an existing user tool with a number of links in it both to itself and also to other Accordance Modules. The links to itself are generally formatted as follows:

[Topical Notes, Titles, Anger of God <WITHIN 1 Words> [FIELD Begin]]

An example of a link to an Accordance module is

[JETS-2012, Titles, Contemporary Criticisms of Penal Substitutionary Atonement]

With the update to the User Tools/Notes these no longer work I get the following message:

post-30494-0-09137300-1450456586_thumb.png

I therefore have to update the User Tool by relinking that link.

I have the same issue with links to external files stored on my hard drive and to web urls (although I get different messages).

This also introduces a few other problems. If I relink to a file but change the link display it messes up the heading indicators on the following headings.

Here is a before image:

post-30494-0-93855300-1450456666_thumb.png

Here is the after image:

post-30494-0-77062900-1450456692_thumb.png

The reason I need to change the link display is that if I do an auto link then I get the following issues from existing links in the user tool:

1. I believe this has been mentioned before but if a file link has a space in it then it will only recognise it as a link up to the space. This is even the case if the link is already defined. So file:///Users/Steve/Documents/Accordance Files/Links/Angel of the Lord.docx  will become file:///Users/Steve/Documents/Accordance Files/Links/Angel of the Lord.docx

2. Links to my user tool formatted as follows [Topical Notes, Titles, Anger of God <WITHIN 1 Words> [FIELD Begin]] do not include the final bracket in the relink and so no longer work they become [Topical Notes, Titles, Anger of God <WITHIN 1 Words> [FIELD Begin]] (the final bracket is not underlined). This means when you try to update the user tool you get an error message for each link that has been auto updated

In this particular user tool I have a large number of links and would prefer not to have to go through updating them all and even if I do I then have the problem that auto link can never be used because it might mess up existing links.

Edited by Steve King

I am still having the edit User Tool hierarchy marker issue on 11.1.2 on Windows. Hierarchy markers do not follow their assigned text when lines are inserted above them.