Biblica Hebraica Quinta: Genesis

Abram K-J

I received an announcement today from Hendrickson that included this lovely image of BHQ Genesis. I understand from another thread that GBS has not been super-fast in getting other print-published texts to Accordance, but I'm glad to see Genesis in print at least appears to be ready or almost ready to be released! The BHQ progresses....

post-31802-0-69352700-1446836628_thumb.png

(EDIT: got so excited I posted the image twice.)

Edited by Abram K-J
  • Like 1

I think so. Then it was 2010. Then 2015. When they offered a "State of the Edition" update in 2014, Genesis didn't even have a date next to it--was only listed as "in preparation"... much as Accordance likes to do in forecasting new releases so as to avoid the semblance of vaporware. Maybe that's just the way to go.

That said, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work required to bring one of these volumes to completion.

Spring 2016 is the ETA I've just received for the Genesis volume.

Will the BHQ be tagged?

I got a chance to talk with one of the editors

https://map.bloomfire.com/posts/604666-seppo-sipila-and-bhq

O.K. the editors have to choose one system to create their modules. Unfortunately Mr. Sipilä said that only this one will get all the content. Hopefully that won't happen.

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 months later...

FYI: The BHQ Genesis just got released. (8.3.2016) Press release is about 10h ago.

ISBN is 978-3-438-05261-1 - 360pages - 49€

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Any update on when BHQ Genesis might come to Accordance?

We have no information on when Genesis might be available. Keep in mind the release of these volumes in print has little to no correlation with their availability in digital format (on any platform, but Accordance specifically). 

The next volume we will release is the 12 Minor Prophets, promised long ago with our initial release. But we do not yet have the necessary files to begin development (though we think they will be arriving some time soon).

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

We have no information on when Genesis might be available. Keep in mind the release of these volumes in print has little to no correlation with their availability in digital format (on any platform, but Accordance specifically). 

The next volume we will release is the 12 Minor Prophets, promised long ago with our initial release. But we do not yet have the necessary files to begin development (though we think they will be arriving some time soon).

Thanks for the feedback.

Judges is already available in Logos...

Judges is already available in Logos...

Files for Judges were made available to us, but our primary focus has been on fulfilling our promise to customers (based on information we received) to deliver 12 Prophets first. We hope to begin work on that volume soon.