Accordance Not Opening

JPark

Accordance was not opening, so I updated to  Mac OS 10.11.1. But it's still not opening, and I get a problem report that Accordance quit unexpectedly.

Please try holding down your option or alt key as you restart Accordance, to open Accordance Safe Mode. In here, you can try removing your startup session to see if this helps correct the issue. There are also several other options to help isolate the cause of the crash, including temporarily disabling your Highlights files or your User Notes.

If this does not solve the problem, please contact our tech support.

I'm having the same problem. OS X El Capitan, Accordance 10 purchased through the MAC App store. Holding the option key doesn't let me open the app. It bounces once on my dock and does nothing. Any other thoughts? Don't quite have time to chat with tech support, maybe next week :)

Thanks!

I don't think the option (safe launch) was an introduced option till 11.x

-Dan

I started having this problem out of the blue.  I went ahead and upgraded to 11 and the option key trick still doesn't work.

Eric

Right now there may be issues for some users because of the changes in our servers yesterday. Please be patient for a few hours as we try to sort this out. If it is still not fixed, it's best to contact tech support and let them look at your computer over a screenshare.

Why should a change on your server affect me running my software on my computer?  That seems strange.  Maybe you should add an "offline" mode for future server problems.  That way I can at least work with the modules I already have downloaded to my computer (or device).

Fabian is correct. The problem lies with the Mac App Store and it is just coincidence that it happened at the same time as our major server upgrade yesterday.

Anyone with this problem can contact our tech support to help with the transfer to our own webstore version (which also gets updated much more frequently).

• Like 2

Word in the Twitterverse is that this had to do with expired certificates (from Apple's end, not the apps) for some apps. I couldn't open (and still can't) a number of MAS-purchased apps this morning. If anyone is curious, see here and here.

• Like 2

I worked with support to get converted to the Accordance webstore.  Everything is working great now.  Thanks everyone. Time to go to bed (2:30 am here)

Edited by evhatfield
  • Like 2

Hi all,

I don't have a clue why this would be related to Apple apps but I am having the same issue of Accordance not opening. The program starts and can be seen in task manager then stops and no window is ever opened by Accordance.

I noticed it today on my Windows 7 machine. I don't have that problem on Windows 8.1 machine.

The version is the latest Accordance 11 release.

I did get Accordance to start up in Windows 7 by trouble shooting the compatibility settings. It seems to work when set to XP service pack 2 but that can't be good can it?

Any clues?

Thanks, Dave.

eek!

I just changed the settings back to Windows 7 and it works now.

Very confused but happy.

As Emily Litella says, "Never mind".

Dave