Increasing the Accordance Library

danzac

In my estimation, the only thing logos has over Accordance is the amount of resources. Accordance's modules, when they have a Logos counterpart, are definitely superior because the Accordance team puts time and effort into preparing the modules for us.

What I am wondering is if the new import feature can open up the door to increase the library of Accordance for biblical studies works that do not necessarily need the level of care that Accordance modules receive right now. I am thinking in particular of books that are non-reference works (Jesus and the Eyewitnesses, Jesus and the Victory of God, etc., etc., etc.). It would be a relatively easy manner, I would think, for a publisher to export the finished proofs in a properly formatted html text that Accordance would accept. This could potentially add hundreds of books to Accordance with relatively little effort. There may be something I am overlooking here in the process, but from my experience of Word and other publishing programs, a compliable html file export for an Accordance module would be doable.

Furthermore, these modules could, theoretically at least, be sold directly from the publishers - though the locking feature may require the modules to be processed by Accordance.

Now I'm mostly thinking out loud here and don't know what it requires, but it sure would be a great partnership between Accordance and publishers, and would increase the usefullness of Accordance for many of us by providing a platform to search the full text of many books. And at the same time, it would not be bogging down the Accordance team so that they can continue to do the awesome work they are doing on quality modules of primary texts and reference works.

What say y'all on this matter?

Archived