Thank you for all the Content Updates …

Julia Falling

Hey –

Just wanted to say, 'Thank you,' to all who have worked so hard to update our modules.  There have been a lot of updates in the last week or so, and I know that represents a lot of effort.  I appreciate all the work that goes into updating and responding to our 'Report a Correction' emails.

• Like 6

When a Bible text is updated, what gets changed? Were there typos in the previous version?

When a Bible text is updated, what gets changed? Were there typos in the previous version?

Accordance (in the update screen and at the product page) usually notes if it's something more (especially if it goes, say, from 2.x to 3.0, as opposed to 1.1 to 1.1), but otherwise, generally they are typo corrections or restoration of unintentionally omitted material.

Some updates involve behind-the-scenes changes that don't involve the text itself. That is the case with most of the Bible text updates lately. However, formatting changes as well as typos are sometimes found as well.

Edited by Julie Palmer
  • Like 1

It's also nice to get to see a whole slew of updates in advance of SBL every year (which is November).

Every time there is an update to a resource, I check if any of my feedback emails made it in. I've never seen a single feedback make it back into a module. Do modules actually get updated in response to user feedback?

• Like 1

We try to incorporate every correction submission prior to an update being released.

Occasionally an update needs to be released quickly in response to an issue that perhaps is making a product useable or is otherwise urgent. In some of those cases, the error submissions are held for a future update. Otherwise, all corrections that have been submitted through the "Report a Correction" feature should be incorporated.

If you have a couple of examples that have not been incorporated, please forward them to corrections (at) accordancebible (dot) com with a note for me to check them and I'll track them down.

• Like 1

Every time there is an update to a resource, I check if any of my feedback emails made it in. I've never seen a single feedback make it back into a module. Do modules actually get updated in response to user feedback?

I can state from personal experience that feedback is used and updates do get processed.

For example I have made a number of comments on the LXX-B in the Psalms and they have entered a recent revision. Others are pending and they will no doubt be picked up when another round of updates is made.

Thx

D

• Like 1