FTP Error in 10.4.4.

CalvinistSamurai

I've seen a few older topics with this issue but I don't see any actual resolution of the issue outside of upgrading to 11. I would like to know if there is a fix to this issue within 10.4.4 because as of right now I am unable to upgrade any of my modules.

Problems:
1) When opening the "Updates" window, an active internet connection is not found.
2) When opening "Easy Install" window, "error attempting to download file via FTP" occurs.

Running Acc 10.4.4 on 10.10.5 Yosemite. Network/Proxies has all boxes unchecked under protocols, and Passive FTP mode is checked. Trashed all internet preferences from the Library folder. Not running any virus software or site blocking software. No proxy networks used.

Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks.

Accordance 11 is worth to pay the update price.

But have you tested Acc 10.4.5 this is the last free Update for you with many bugfixes?

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I have the App Store version and the App Store is telling me I'm up to date.

The more I think about your post the more I believe I can remember, that what you describe is the bug in 10.4.4 which is solved in 10.4.5.

Search for post here for 10.4.3.2 I think 10.4.4 is the Appstore version of 10.4.3.2 because Apple does't support the *.*.*.* only *.*.*

From the Accordance Website, see last entry:

Version 10.4.5 (Nov. 6, 2014)

Many improvements

Changes

• Increased ending time of Timeline to 2500 to allow for current and near future user specific dates
  • Improved layout of Pie Chart labels
  • Added Shift-Command-L hotkey for Autolink in an Edit Window.
  • Improved daily readings workspace to more reliably update its Text tab
  • Improved triple click on a reference to cycle through available tools more reliably
  • Improved cross highlighting of key numbers with variants
  • Significant enhancements to the Concordance
  • Improved key number matching for phrase tagged texts
  • Improved key number highlighting of compound words, like 'Beersheba'
  • Improved support for key number subtags
  • Improved instant details lexicon lookup, especially for words with multiple homographs
  • Logs are now written as unicode for better cross-platform support
  • Support for improved easy install servers
  •  
I have also an Appstore version of Acc 10, I must install it on another user  to see which version is coming.

Best you contact tech support.

Greetings

Fabian

Once again, the Accordance 10.4.5 updater is not for the Apple App Store version, 10.4.4 is the highest version you can get without buying 11. If an update is required to fix this issue, then apparently I will be unable to fix my program because $70 is outside my price bracket right now. If anything, I need to drop to an older version that didn't have this problem.

Looking again, I saw that there was an App Store update in February to 10.4.6, however, the App Store is telling me that it is unavailable in the U.S. Store.

Thanks for sharing your solution of the problem. Maybe other with an older Mac App Store version will do it similar to get the newest one.

Greetings

Fabian