Individual volumes in large commentary-series

mortenjensen

Hi accordance,

I would like to suggest that you split up all your large commentary series and make it possible to buy volumes on an individual basis.

For some reason, it is possible to buy volumes individually in a number of your series but in others not.

I was on the market for commentaries for first and second Maccabees but it turns out that in this case, all your commentaries are available only by buying all of OT. So I am looking at 999 usd for the Anchor, 829 for the Hermeneia and so on ... http://www.accordancebible.com/search/search.php#{"terms":"maccabees","page":1,"limit":20,"tab":"prod"}.

Would it not be possible for you to slice up all of your commentary sets as in the case with Logos?

Thanks,

Morten

It has been said that this has been more trouble than it is worth.... requiring new contracts and labour to do it and in current broken up sets there seems to be very little purchase action. That said I would very much hope that Accordance could offer for sale if not individual Anchor volumes, a third option. an Anchor Apocrypha set. This i would I suspect be a big seller. For I can think of numerous individuals who might not want more than a way to get a serious look into the Apocrypha, i.e. I do not need a whole new commentary set, but I would like to supplement say my Word Biblical Commentary series  with Anchor Bible Commentary's on the Apocrypha. Even the colour scheme of the publishing suggest this should be an option... Blue for OT, Red for NT, and Gray for Apoc.

-Dan 

Well, I for one would love to see such an option. Maybe it would take some preparation, but the sales would undoubtedly go up, if you are left with other options than buying a full set.

Hope accordance would consider this.

Morten

In this case the only action would be the contract since it is already a separate module on it's own. But I am not sure if we will ever get this option. And please do not get me wrong, I see the Anchor Bible as a complete set well worth having just it is a pricey set and I can see this being an ideal option although not one I see anyone else offering.

-Dan

I appreciate that Accordance actually sell the entire set cheaper than Logos - but I would also very much appreciate if they would sell the volumes individually of these giant series (anchor, hermeneia at least) like Logos does (cf. e.g. https://www.logos.com/product/41462/the-anchor-yale-bible-mark-1-8). 

I am also thinking of students: it would be a lot easier to refer students to buy the Accordance-edition if commentaries always also are available individually. As a matter of fact, I think it could even draw students to buying Accordance in the first place over Logos - since many would only buy commentaries for the actual books in the Bible the take courses in.

Morten

• Like 2