Prepositions and Theology in the Greek New Testament

Tony Lawrence

For those who have bought this new resource, how does it compare to the section in the appendix of the NIDNTT also written by Harris? 

accord://read/NIDNTT#16620

It looks to me like an ~300pg expansion of that seed:

post-30445-0-12916400-1447780516_thumb.png

Thank Graham. 

I found a rather good review at: http://andynaselli.com/prepositions-and-theology-in-the-greek-new-testament

Looks like a good purchase. Will likely have to go on my wish list. 

• Like 1

Would any of you have both NIDNTT and the updated version NIDNTTE? I only have the last and it seems that they have removed this appendix, unfortunately. 

Would any of you have both NIDNTT and the updated version NIDNTTE? I only have the last and it seems that they have removed this appendix, unfortunately. 

The NIDNTT and NIDNTTE are more akin to relatives than they are to a person at different ages, if that analogy makes any sense. -E was the work of one editor/reviser, Moises Silva.

I'm going to also assume that as Prepositions and Theology had been published by the time NIDNTTE was released Zondervan, the house for both these works, saw no reason for the overlap of older material with the newer.

I'm just guessing. This is all conjecture.

Edited by Graham Buck

I too would like to see the difference between the products. I have hesitated to purchase the upgrade as there is not a price break. I have not yet seen a compelling reason to invest that much. Zondervan's description <http://www.zondervan.com/new-international-dictionary-of-new-testament-theology-and-exegesis-set>explains the differences but I am interested in a real usage comparison. 

By the way, I bought the Prepositions and Theology and it is greatly expanded over the appendix in the back of NIDNTT. The diagram on p. 29 is extremely helpful. I highly recommend it at the introductory price, especially for those of you who have purchased the NIDNTTE.