Accordance using Significant Energy

Martin Smith

Not sure why but for the last year I've been noticing that OS X reports Accordance uses significant energy. I'm currently running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 and Accordance 11.1.1. I can tell when my MacBook Pro begins heating up. No other apps are reported as using significant energy. (see attached graphic)

Any ideas?

Thanks

post-29230-0-46055400-1448170456_thumb.png

I've never noticed, that Accordance is listed there. Only MS Word, Safari, Abbyy Fine Reader.

Same OS X and Acc like you.

Greetings 

Fabian

Not for me....OSX 10.11.2pb4

post-29509-0-28885600-1448235165_thumb.png

So I wonder what is different. I can’t imagine the PB makes that big a difference, but maybe it does.

Does it happen with particular modules open or anything...?

O.K. 

I have it now too. Even after force quit and relaunch. Even if Accordance is in the background.

I had some Bibles Imported. To be correct the same until the versification was correct.

Greetings

Fabian

I've tried to limit other applications to isolate any third party impact. I've also turned off wi-fi as well. Fabian, thanks for your help. Can you give me more details when you refer to "until the versification was correct"?

Yes I had installed an older User Bible which was formerly only able to install with the KJV versification. But that gives me wrong outputs from Accordance. Now I have some Bible reimported but I had first to find out how the new feature is to employ correct. So I had made some test and many tries till the versification was correct. With other Bibles to scroll in sync.

Then Accordance was in the list. I had then Accordance quit and relaunch, but it was in the list either.

Greetings

Fabian

Hmm... I've been an Accordance user since 2005, maybe the problem is some of the older Bible texts in my library (though these have been updated as often as Oaktree makes them available). I principally use NASB95, HMT-W4, LXX1, NA27-T, NET, and ESVS. The only one I know that has been superseded is the NA27-T. Fabian, did your testing include any of these texts? Thanks again.

Exept the NA27 I have all open and no significant energy with Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

I was able to get accordance to using significant energy by running the Virtual Temple Tour, or doing a 3D map. Otherwise I never see Accordance on Significant Energy use list.

-Dan