consulting the LSJ

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

I was trying to consult the LSJ for the different meanings and uses of the particle/conjunction οὖν. However, when I triple-click on the text, LSJ shows this as the entry:

"ἀγάρροος, ον, contr. ἀγάπ-ρρους, ουν, (ῥέω strong-flowing, Ἑλλήσποντος Il. 2.845, 12.30; πόντος h.Cer. 34 ; Τίγρις  AP 7.747 ( Lib. ), cf. Q.S. 10.174."

...which is the first among 276 exact hits, 99.99% just referring to the neuter ending of adjectives.

How come it doesn't refer straight to the correct entry "οὖν, Ion. and Dor. ὦν (the latter in Pi. P. 3.82, al., but οὖν in Hom. (v. infr.), B. 18.29, 37, Cerc. 4.18, al.), Adv. certainly, in fact, ..." [LSJ, 1271]?

Searches in tools are always unaccented/unpointed. I see the problem here with ουν but am not sure how it can be fixed. It occurs in those lexicons that list the various endings, including LSJ, LEH and Mounce Analytical. Our developers will have to take a look, but I don't recall anyone bringing it up over all the years. This may be the only example of an ending that it also a lexical form.