Accordance crashing behind browser

Daniel Wee

I have a strange but repeatable problem. I run a 4k monitor at full 4k resolution. Any time I bring a browser (Chrome or Firefox) on top of Accordance where some part of Accordance can still be seen, and move my mouse over the exposed bit - Accordance crashes instantaneously. Can anyone else replicate this?

I'm in Windows 10.

Daniel

I wish I had a 4K monitor to attempt to replicate your problem! Hopefully someone will chime in here soon.

I have a strange but repeatable problem. I run a 4k monitor at full 4k resolution. Any time I bring a browser (Chrome or Firefox) on top of Accordance where some part of Accordance can still be seen, and move my mouse over the exposed bit - Accordance crashes instantaneously. Can anyone else replicate this?

I'm in Windows 10.

Daniel

Perhaps you are just seeing a different perspective of this?

I just did some extra tests and found that this only happens when Accordance is opened up to a large enough size. If I shrink the Accordance window vertically, the problem goes away. This could be a memory buffer size problem - maybe the limits have not taken 4k sized screen into account.

The temporary solution is to keep the window size smaller.

Daniel

On further testing, reducing the size of the window only makes Accordance a little less susceptible to crashing in this way but doesn't really stop it crashing altogether.

Daniel

Mine isn't crashing (Windows 10) but I do see a difference from the Mac. On Mac the Instant Details do not update or display at all when mousing over the window in the background, but on Windows they do. I think that in the past they did on Mac as well, but this difference should be investigated by the developers.

I have had it crash not just using browsers but also other apps. I've 32GB of RAM so that should be enough, as well as using a 12GB Titan X Nvidia card on the 4K monitor.

Daniel