Best resource/module for "missing" verses?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 06:01 PM

I'm enjoying working my way through NA28, however in the cases where the verse are "missing" i.e. John 5:3b-4, whats the best thing to pull up in parallel to read the longer readings?

I do have "NA28 Sigla" which often shows the missing parts, however I would much prefer to just see it in the text (to mouseover the meaning of uncommon words I do not yet know how to read). An understanding of alphabet soup shown in the "Sigla" remains elusive to me at this point.

(I have the Accordance Ultimate package, so hopefully theres something in here already, I can't see 5:4 in GNT-Textus Receiptus, GNT-Wescott and Hort either, so I am a little confused as to which one would have it)

Edited by Ιακοβ, Today, 06:08 PM.

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

The "missing" verses in the Textus Receptus and translations which are based on it only display if the search text has the verses in question. If your text is the GNT-Textus Receptus (or KJV), you will see the "missing" verses.

Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#3 Fabian

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Interests:www.internetkirche.com

Posted Today, 06:33 PM

Open this 3 Bibles with the commands in it.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-02 um 00.30.47.png   54.38KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-02 um 00.30.54.png   83.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-02 um 00.31.02.png   120.97KB   0 downloads

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

El Capitan 10.11.1

Accordance 11.1.1 and waiting on 12

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.1

Accordance Mobile 2.2.2

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Fabian