Sync highlights across devices?

rkbishop

If I make highlights in a commentary on my iPad, is there a way to sync such that those highlights appear on my MBP?

Hi,

There are two ways to sync your highlights (and other user content) to your MBP:

• Dropbox Sync - If you have a dropbox account (free to create) then you can use dropbox to keep your user content in sync.
  • WiFi - You can keep your modules and user content in sync with WiFi sync

Mike

In the case of syncing highlights via Dropbox, how do I know which device has priority in syncing? Are all syncs merged (bi-directional syncing), or does the device that I am syncing from override the highlights made on another device (mono-directional syncing)? Or is there a device hierarchy (such as desktop computers overriding mobile devices)?

Thanks!

D

Highlight files are merged on a verse by verse and paragraph by paragraph basis. If there is a conflict (I.e. The same verse was modified by both devices since the last sync), the modification done later sticks.

• Like 1

Thanks, Joel!

Joel, 

I've noticed that I can sync user highlights between my mobile devices, but attempts to sync between my mobile devices and my laptop have failed.  I'm not sure why.  I even unlinked my Dropbox account and then re-linked it.  Nothing.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks, 

David