Devotions on the Greek New Testament

Julia Falling

Hey –

The Scripture links don't work.  They work perfectly on the Mac, but not on the iPad (Air 1).  I'm running the iAccord 2.3 beta; my husband is running 2.2, also on an iPad Air 1.

The module opens with a split screen with the default Bible.  But the Bible side is blank.

Additionally, there is no Browser/Go To.

Is there something about how devotionals are used on the iPad that I'm not getting?  Surgeon's Evening and morning behaves as I would expect.

Hey Julie,

Just need little more info to try and reproduce. What devotional are you attempting to open scripture links in and what module/text are you attempting to open them in?

Chris

The module, Devotions on the Greek New Testament opens and functions completely normally on the Mac.  All Scripture links work.

On the iPad Air 1, running either iAccord 2.2 or iAccord 2.3 beta, none of the Scripture links work.  I can get a pop-up (Copy-Highlight-Clear-Share-Search-Amplify-Define-Bookmark), but not the Scripture reading.   I expect the links to open in the NAS95.  All necessary modules are installed on the iPad.

Additionally, there is no browser (Go To).  There's no way to get from one place to another within the module except by scrolling.  On the Mac, the browser is there and works perfectly.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, 

You'll have to open it as a General Tool in order to have access to the Go To because Devotionals don't have that functionality. This is an odd devotional compared to the other one's which are associated with a date and jump to the current date automatically. If you were to scroll down in the module until you see scripture links, the parallel bible should populate. Let me know how that works and/or if you have any questions.

Chris

Chris –

When this module installs on the iPad, it installs as in the Devotional category.  How do I change it to another category or open it in another category?

It is under both categories (General and devotional) on my iPad. This is the case with the other devotionals as well.

I installed it by syncing it with the Mac, not from easy install, would that make a difference?

It is under both categories (General and devotional) on my iPad. This is the case with the other devotionals as well.

I installed it by syncing it with the Mac, not from easy install, would that make a difference?

By me too. And I had it installed via easy install.

Greetings

Fabian

Just my opinion, even though "Devotionals" is in the title this one does not belong in the Devotionals group. I can also confirm that it was installed in both groups on my iPad and can confirm that the Scripture links work when opened under General Tools but not when opened under Devotionals.

In the iOS app all modules that are listed in the Devotionals section are actually installed under the General tools section. The expectation is that certain General tools have a Date field that can be used to provide a daily devotional type of functionality. Those are the ones listed in the Devotional section. While the desktop apps may support showing some modules without a Date field as a devotional the iOS app currently cannot. This is the case with the module under discussion.

Hey Julie,

We finally go to the bottom of this issue. Devotions on the Greek New Testament is wrongfully placed in devotionals, but it's supposed to only be in general tools since it doesn't function as a devotional with the dates as the others do.

Chris

Devotions on the Greek New Testament has been updated. On your iOS device, you may have to delete it (from both the "Devotionals" and "General Tools" categories) and reinstall it.

Thanks, guys.  Glad to have that resolved.

EDIT:  I updated on my Mac.  I was unable to delete Dev. directly from my iPad in either category, General Tools or Devotionals.  In fact, an attempt to delete from Devotionals produced a crash.  So I deleted by syncing with my Mac.  I then reinstalled via the Mac.  The module installed in both categories.  It cannot be deleted from the Devotional category from the iPad, but can be deleted from the General Tools category – once it's out of General Tools it's also gone from the Devotionals.  

I also tried adding it directly using Easy Install on the iPad.  It installed in both categories (just checking).

By the way, for those of us with large libraries, Easy Install isn't all that Easy – every module in every category seem to be kinda jumbled together.  Alphabetical would be helpful.  Once installed, the addition of subfolders or color-coding or something to aid in finding texts and tools would be much appreciated.  (For example, one color for Greek texts, another for Hebrew; being able to break down English texts as formal, mediating or functional equivalence would be helpful, too.)

Running the latest iAccord beta on an iPad Air running the latest version of iOS

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, 

Although the Devotions on the Greek New Testament was updated, we have a hard coded list of what we categorize as a Devotional on iAccord, so you won't see the change until the next beta. I believe the modules are in alphabetical order, but based on the module abbreviations instead of the full names. Maybe that's a change we can consider though, I think it's a good idea.

Chris

Thanks, Chris.  Everything, except the few things that have been reported, seems to be working as it should.  Looking forward to the next beta.

Julie, 

Although the Devotions on the Greek New Testament was updated, we have a hard coded list of what we categorize as a Devotional on iAccord, so you won't see the change until the next beta. I believe the modules are in alphabetical order, but based on the module abbreviations instead of the full names. Maybe that's a change we can consider though, I think it's a good idea.

Chris

Hello Chris

Since the full name is used on the desktop version I would love to see this also in the mobile version.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1